They were right:)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bbb, Apr 30, 2009.

1. bbb

bbb Member

For more than 50 years there have been people that said pigs would fly before the US ever had a black president....

And now just 100 days after the 1st black president took office there are swines fluing all the way from Mexico to as far as Canada.

Who would have thought that they would have been right?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

But don't forget; the black President came first.

I was driving yesterday and got passed by a hog truck. One of them was sticking his snout through the holes in the side with the most malevolent grin on his face I've ever seen on a hog. I'm starting to worry about this swine flu. :)
  3. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

OK, on a totally unrelated note...actually, the topic title reminded me of this- I am going to give the punch line from a famous movie from 1974-

For 100 points, name the set up line for this punch line:

"...and they was right".

For 50 bonus points, name the movie.

Hint...the signature just above this it, think about it.
  4. Zev0

Zev0 Member

[Bart returns unexpectedly after being sentenced to death] Charlie: They said you was hung. Bart: And they was right. ...

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

It was Blazing Saddles.... but I don't remember the 'set up'.

Do I still get the 50 points?? :grin5:
  6. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Perfect! I thought it would be harder than that- first response!!
  7. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I don't care what the color of the President's skin is....don't care about swine flu, ALL I have to say is: This thread is hilarious!!!
  8. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

"Hey, Where are the white women at!"

Seriously- that movie is so beautifully politically incorrect, but at the same time, not at all racist...not that there are not racists in the movie...but it's hard for a movie to be racist when those guys are the idiots.

"Now go do that voodoo, that you do so well!"
  9. Tinker1980

Tinker1980 Guest

Love Blazing Saddles... old Mel couldn't get away with making that movie today or in the past 10 years!
  10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

" 'scuse me while I whip this out..."
  11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest