Think a motor can be installed on this bike?

I am fairly confident that a motor can be installed on any bicycle in this day and age...

But that would definitely be a challenge to motorize!

You would have to go with a friction drive, or GEBE type setup, and would have to work out the gearing for the smaller tires of the bike!

Possibly a front wheel friction, but too much weight on that front wheel might throw the balance or handling off. Cool ride!

That bike looks good from an excercise point of view. If I were going to use engine power most of the time, Id just get a motorized scooter. Probably would be cheaper as well. However the bike with larger diameter wheels will be more stable and comfortable to ride. Tell that other guy I know where his dog is !

Last edited:
looking at the $2500 price, I think you could buy a similar-looking electric scooter for that or less.

Also, I bet the wheels don't free-wheel, and if that is so you would have to disable the pedals completely to install an engine.

So... possible? Probably. Worth it? Erm... Probably not...

why in the world would you want to put a motor on that bike anyway?
you would be better off building a custom bike from scratch, and it would cost you a lot less $$.
I don't get it...some people want to motorize a bike, but yet still want to pedal it for exercise.
My idea of putting a motor on a bike is to get away from having to pedal.

Back