Think I'll Need This Forum

Connorthecarguy

Local time
11:13 AM
Well,just finished day 1 of motorizing my bicycle that I call Frankenstein. If today was any indication of how the rest of this adventure will go,I need all the help I can get. I've never built a motorized bike before and I bought the cheapest 50cc 2-stroke kit I could find on eBay (great idea,I know.) I got everything assembled today,so tomorrow will be adjustments and fluids. I'm looking forward to getting to play around with this thing and make upgrades to it.

Got it up and running,already eyeing stuff to buy for it.
IMG_20160416_212550362.jpg

Looks good! I like the banana style seat, the shock absorbing front fork and the motorcycle style headlight!

Thankyou,its on a 1973 Schwinn varsity frame,90's NEXT mountain bike fork and wheels,70's BMX seat,70's no name handlebars and sissy bar,John Deere tractor headlight,trailer taillight,automotive air horn,and a bunch of misc. accessories.

If you are more than fine with the torque of the engine and want a higher cruise/top speed then I would get a speed sprocket (38T<). It would give you considerably more speed and lower the rpms for X speed. they are 10-15 on ebay. I would also buy extra nuts and double nut the chain tensioner, muffler, and mount bolts. also, fashion or buy a nice muffler holder to reduce the strain on the bolts. have fun and stay safe

Torque is not the best,and the top speed is somewhere around 20mph.I've already come to dislike the tensioner that came with it,the kit came with a piece of metal that I now assume to be the muffler holder. The one thing that I don't like the quality of is the hardware,very soft.

Yeah the hardware is pretty cheap but can be replaced with better quality. Here's a link to an awesome chain tensioner. I have this on my bike and love it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/49-66-80cc-...hash=item2a3020ccd1:m:m-b3lt30KT8w_ql7lB4QDvw

This thing is invaluable to me!

I don't use the little muffler bracket. Some people say you should try to brace your muffler but I don't and have never had a problem of it workin itself loose.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back