Thinning the herd.......

srdavo

Local time
11:46 PM
It pains me to announce, I have sold 2 of my bikes.

Last week, I sold my Currie/Mongoose. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5769 I had a lot more $$$ in this bike, than I ever could have expected to recover.... & the timing was right ...for my bank account, so all is well. :D

Today, my neighbor came by & made me an offer I could not refuse. My BikeE recumbent, powered by Staton-inc/Mitsu friction-drive....is gone.
byebye bent.jpg A moment of silence, please.....

okay...I am over it!!
the $$$$ was right & I nearly have my homebuilt recumbent finished & have a bunch of new projects 'swimming' in my head. :unsure:

thanks for letting me share my grief & ramble on.......

I really like that BikeE recumbent!

Good job on selling the bikes, now the $$$ can go to even more bikes!

I know what you mean. You grow a connection from your labor of love.

You still have the photos and no one can take away the memories, enjoyment, and knowledge
learned from the experience. The way it sounds you'll still see them driving past your house. :)

Dave I know you feel, but when you get back on your feet you can build more. louis

P.S. you don't have a Extreme-Scooter 98cc swimming your iron horses or do you?:eek:

thanks guys.... I bought the BikeE used in 2001. I pedaled it a lot of miles thru 03......then it just sat in my house... after I discovered motored bikes!!
After I motored it, last summer, I logged 800 miles. Super comfy.... & it's gone to a good home!
I'll be motoring my 'homebent' really soon & my tadpole is coming along nicely.
My buddy wants a scaled-down tadpole (no motor)for his son..... & I want to build another one , also no motor, to sell.

heh.... I get a couple bikes out of the garage....& today, this guy is bringing an old-school minibike & a Yamaha 80cc.... to mate!!

never a dull moment around here..... :D

[QUOTE='davo]never a dull moment around here..... [/QUOTE]

yup...look at it this way...now you have room for new builds!! :cool:

the best way to price a bike is by how much you like it , not how much it cost to make .almost every bike i make i have a love affair with , but nothing more satisfing to me than when someone likes it so much they want to pay me cash for it . its always hard to say goodbuy. even the kids say sometimes ,NOT THAT ONE .

NO Extreme-Scooter 98cc for me!!! hahaha

now the $$$ can go to even more bikes!
..now you have room for new builds!! :cool:
Yes.... money & room!! & Time....(Time... I seem to have a bunch!!)

the best way to price a bike is by how much you like it , not how much it cost to make .almost every bike i make i have a love affair with , but nothing more satisfing to me than when someone likes it so much they want to pay me cash for it . its always hard to say goodbuy. even the kids say sometimes ,NOT THAT ONE .
Good philosophy on how to put a value on things. I know what ya mean about the Love !!

You old fox, selling your bikes in January, heheheh.:devilish:
hahaha... Ya know, I'm not trying to sell anything, but lately, extra cash has a certain appeal!! :D

I am kinda well-known around here.... I have a local name...similar to thescooterguy, but not as cool. I am "that old guy on 4th, with the motorbikes". (sometimes it's, "that crazy, old guy on 4th, with the motorbikes") hahahaha....it just does't seem to flow off my tongue!!:giggle:

Last edited:
Back