this is what we're talking about...misleading info :(

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by gone_fishin, Jul 29, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

from a dealer in florida's site...i went to have a look after seeing some new motoredbikes in town & learning they hadn't checked us out before buying, they paid $15 more total than my 69CC "70" for a 64CC "80", & the hardware was as cheap (not merely inexpensive, since they paid more) as it gets:

please!!! bottom-line sales practices are gonna hurt the movement. i've refrained from posting the seller's name, because all the greedy ones do this...but i think it s*cks!!!

before you buy: pick 3 different sources, then email all of them the same questions, using "cc" so they know they're competing...that outta get their attention :(

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

here's another one...ironically this guy popped up in our ebay auction ads.

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

more total horse carp!!! off the 'bay of course.

this guy's listed a $2000 honda-50 powered mb as a whizzer, no bids of course...somebody has to speak up over at ebay...not that they'd care.

item #: 170136377311
  4. ironwarlock

ironwarlock Guest

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i just said that :p

if i see any bids, i'm gonna have to ask the seller about it being a real whizzer.
  6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

I don't think it says whizzer in the description, only the title. As you know, many eBayers will do this to generate hits on their auctions. He probably should have said "not Whizzer" Kinda cheezy thing to do in my opinion.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

not see what you mean, still a crooked practice, yeah.

he knows he'll mislead the un-knowing & that's who he's after.
  8. I wonder if the people selling Whizzers mind that he is using their name.(just a thought)
  9. azbill

azbill Active Member

anybody who would pay 2k$ for that is definitely un-knowing :rolleyes:
    but, at the same time, ebay should be able to do something about misleading titles:mad:
  10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

as i'm starting to have a more comprehensive look at the various engine/kit combos, i'm realizing what these sneaky-snakes should be realizing...

tell us the truth about what you're offering, we'll still buy the stuff, unless you have reason to be lying about your merchandise. if you're an honest supplier, telling the truth in engine representation will shine the spot even brighter on the liars.
  11. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

sneaky ness gets you money fast but for in the long run being truth full is better the more you are trusted the people you will have for sales b/c word of mouth is better then just puting a post could be the seller saying that but being sneaky will only go so far man
  12. azbill

azbill Active Member

burn me once, shame on you...
    burn me twice, shame on me

anyone gets one shot with me, then I go elsewhere :cool:
  13. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

????????? When did Wizzer start useing Honda motors??????? darn outsorcing !!!!:eek:
  14. ironwarlock

ironwarlock Guest

That fool is not gonna get a bid on that thing.:eek: I was gonna email him and offer him 50 bucks. ;)
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'll go $55!
  16. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I could build something better than that...heck, I am building something better than that. Including a new Honda engine and all the parts, I'll have about $500-$600 into it. If I could sell it for $2,000, I could give up the practice of law.
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you know who you are:
    80cc Bicycle motor kit Comes with a free Bicycle frame adaptor!!!

quit fargen' lying, ya fargen' lyin' liar!!!
  18. azbill

azbill Active Member

even worse is the one that says to use 10w30 - 10w40 oil !!!
    ...and then gives the mix ratio :rolleyes:

"Model : F50-50cc
    Engine type : Single cylinder, air-cooled, 2-stroke
    Power * Rotary Speed Rated Power :
    1.15Kw / 5000r / min
    Max Power :
    1.6Kw / 6000r / min

Ignition Mode : CDI

Fuel type : No. 90
    Lubrication Oil : 10W40 / 10W30
    Mixing Ration for Fuel and Oil : 16:1 for new sets (20:1 after running approx 500Km)
    Spark Plug : Z4C 14MM
    Fuel Consumption : 1.5L / 100Km
    Clutch Type : Friction Plate / Dry
    Speed Limitation : 30-32km/hour "
  19. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i love the lil engines, they're (almost) exactly what the doctor ordered...but the marketplace, for the most part, is anything but happy...

darn-tootin i'm jaded, the only good thing i see coming out of the current setup is a movement towards a domestic happy-time industry.
  20. azbill

azbill Active Member

that can only be a GOOD thing !!!