Thoughts of overkill

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by cory, Apr 19, 2008.

1. cory

cory Guest

::cool:A small amount of frame modification and some imagination could make this feasible. But is it overkill? The motor is a 125cc Honda clone. Not sure about the frame except that its pre- war. And yes I would keep the pedals.:grin: And no it wouldnt be street legal. If I had tons of $$$$ I would just buy the a true racing Whizzer.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008

2. bill green

bill green Member

Hi cory there is no overkill , looks like A great combo . Have fun ..Bill Green

3. Would it clear the pedals? Looks sick! I would go with a hand shifter like in them mini choppers. It does look small enough to fit.

4. bill green

bill green Member

Cory use whizzers pedal crank for better clearence. Bill Green

5. Go for it!.....Looks like it might be a speed demon....Hmmm a Death Race contender (uhhh Winner!).

Andrew

6. cory

cory Guest

frame and crank

Would have to get 6 more inches of width out of a standard crank and the frame would def have to be mod... But hey man anything is poss if you put your mind to it. The motor is 60 l/bs 17 tall 16 wide 15 long. The trany has a 5 speed and pushes a full dresed mini chopper at 65mph. I like the idea of a hand shift! Im talking to the guy who sells the motors as Im posting trying to get the purchase price below the $370.00 he is asking. I have one of these motors in a street bike up at our vacation home in Goldbar and they run super well with reg... oil changes.

7. cory

cory Guest

Hey Bill?

How much clearance do you get out of a set of whizzer cracks? God I might have to cut the cracks in the center and weld in a legth of bar stock. I would drop the pedals, but then I would be put into (THE WHITE ZONEEEEEeeeee)

8. You know if you got welding skills you can always stretch your frame enough to mount that engine forward so the pedals don't go over it.

9. cory

cory Guest

You got it!

Thats what I was thinking. The down tube could be dropped quite low and abrupt. Keeping the configuration close to a normal bicycle not to make it a freak of nature. That way it really would be in board track style. Yes its going to be another board track bike.

10. Then you could add foot pegs forward because let's face it. You're really not gonna need them pedals except that it's gonna look so cool!
    You may need some serious tires too. Maybe something from Whizzer.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2008
  11. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Cory Total width from id to id crank arms is aprox 7inches .Bill

12. cory

cory Guest

100cc or 125cc or 150cc

Lifan makes a 100cc thats a little smaller in overall size but im sure would have more than plenty the power needed. Also less weight, oh ya cheaper also. Hooper Imports LLC is just up the road from me abou 7 min.. away so dont have to worry about shipping buggers, scratches, cost......

13. cory

cory Guest

cranks

Thanks Bill! Def guna have to do some modifications. Thanks for the info! Found a kick frame from Fire Bikes that just might eat up the road:evil:

Attached Files:

14. bill green

bill green Member

Hi cory firebike will build it to your spec. set up for whizzer motor the owner is real cool .Call him Bill Green

15. cory

cory Guest

Firebikes

Thank you Bill, I didnt know that. Found one of his board track bikes on e-bay and it had alot of stuff I would have to change out. Need to find out if the 3" back rim can be retro fitted with sprocket. Thanks again, Cory.