Thoughts on cutting this tube out of the frame?

cloakedvillain

Local time
7:40 AM
The hyper "women's" cruiser has this auxillary tube in the frame that seems unnecessary. (I have seen many more fat old men on step through frames than women but that's besides the point.)

Without this tube the frame would handily hold an engine and supposedly the step over variant of the frame is very overbuilt making it a safe choice for motorizing assuming brakes can be figured.

Attachments

• Capture+_2023-08-13-15-53-10.png
    Capture+_2023-08-13-15-53-10.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 81
It looks to me like that tube was added in hindsight by Hyper Bike Company, (I have seen that exact same frame without that tube), due to a possible flexing situation that may be inherent in that particular girls bike frame due to the top bar so far down on the seat tube and attached right where the bend in that seat tube is located as it is also welded right on that bend.

That is definitely there for frame stability purposes.

The hyper "women's" cruiser has this auxillary tube in the frame that seems unnecessary. (I have seen many more fat old men on step through frames than women but that's besides the point.)

Without this tube the frame would handily hold an engine and supposedly the step over variant of the frame is very overbuilt making it a safe choice for motorizing assuming brakes can be figured.
Just have to ask. Why not just buy this bike? Why a girl's bike? No bad or good just curious.

20230706_142815-jpg.197228

Yep, my dress gets in the way too
My dad likes motorized bikes and he says he wants one in every way except saying "I want one." While that may be my problem, for my 58 year old trucker dad who's 280lbs on a good day, hiking his leg over a bike may as well be storming the beaches of normandy.

After reading some replies, rack mounting seems the best choice, or if a short diamond frame could be found that would work well.

My dad likes motorized bikes and he says he wants one in every way except saying "I want one." While that may be my problem, for my 58 year old trucker dad who's 280lbs on a good day, hiking his leg over a bike may as well be storming the beaches of normandy.

After reading some replies, rack mounting seems the best choice, or if a short diamond frame could be found that would work well.
Just get a solex cycle 😆

Back