threaded disk rotor adapter for grubee HD or flip flop

klassard

Local time
8:23 AM
I just ordered the grubee HD hub for Wheelmaster to lace up with those monster spokes of his.

I know the hub comes with a thread-on band brake. I was wondering if a decent, threaded 6-hole disk rotor adapter existed that was designed for a flip flop hub or the grubee hub.

Any ideas?

I don't think the type of adapter you are asking about currently exists. I believe that both sets of threads on the left side of the Grubee Hub are larger dia. than the thread on disc brake adapters currently available. You could probably modify the inner brake drum of the band brake that threads on to the hub to take a contemporary disc rotor. Then assuming the rotor clears your seat and chain stays you may have to modify the caliper mount on the frame, to get every thing to work properly.

ocscully

Since the left-thread hub on the Grubee has to slide over the threads for the band brake drum, the band brake drum threads must be smaller than the freewheel threads on the left side. That being the case, the band brake threads may be small enough for the adapter from choppersus. If not, maybe I can drill holes in the drum for a 6-bolt rotor.

Thanks for the ideas!

Back