Throttle cable replacement

beepa

Local time
4:22 PM
Anybody got a pic of a throttle cable assembly I could look at before I dissasemble my throttle? It is a 66cc skyhawk with a kill switch entirely seperate from the throttle, the replacement parts that I have looked at are different than mine. It broke at the twist grip end. Can it be repaired on does it need to be replaced? Thanks in advance!

I myself have never to repair the cable at the throttle. How ever I have at the carburetor (make shorter). There are members that have. Some remove the barrel and resolder. If you need a new cable they can be bought from stores like China Mart (Wal Mart) that has a 3 pack of cables (approx $5.00).

umm why not take a picture of what you have before and during taking it all apart.
the throttle assembly is not that difficult and should be self explanitory when you put it back together.
not trying to sound like a know it all, just saying that it isn't that difficult.

I guess I'm a visual type of person, like to see what I'm getting into before I start. Don't have a digital camera, but your right, prolly dont need a pic for this simple assembly. This is a great forum, searched many times and with all of your shared knowledge finally got my used bike working pretty dependably.Thanks again to you all!

Thanks Al.! Won't have time till next week to work on it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back