Throttle cable trouble????

Neufcruz

Local time
3:25 PM
image.jpg
image.jpg
ok. Had trouble with stock throttle and cable working/fitting correctly. Went and bought this throttle and comes with supplied cable. What am I doing wrong. Cable is connected at throttle as should be. I think. But then there is not enough slack on other end to feed through guide, connect to inside of carb. What am I doing wrong. Pic of connected throttle and end of cable and top of carb/ metal tube guide.
Help!!!!
Thanks
Mike

if both ends of cable aren't swedged with something, then you could shorten the outer easily - if swedged on both ends, you'd need to shorten outer, remove one swedged part and add some kind of knarp to affix the end

Get rid of that metal stork on the carby just use the nut thing on the end of it. I had the same problem so I just got rid of all the cable adjustments

I went ahead and cut the end off and ran longer inner cable through sleev3. Now need to put the small end back on that will fit in that piece in carb. Wonder if cycle shop can or has these little ends.
Sky ash- unfortunately I cut before I read your post. It came with a smaller stork but still was short. Maybe because I also switched to a Dullar carb???? I don't know. Everything is an issue with this thing. Lol
If I can't connect new cable then will go buy new one and remove stork.
Thanks
Mike

I had the same problem, and resolved it by shortening the outer cable sheath. It is usually possible to remove the swaged on end, and re-use it.
I have found the best way to cut the sheath is with a cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool, being careful not to knick the inner cable.
In the end though, I am very happy with the new set-up. The 1/4 turn twist really makes the throttle response seem way better, even though technically you haven't changed it. Also, you don't have to re-position your grip to grab a handful of throttle in a hurry.

I cut the end off that connects to carb and ran a longer cable through steel raided sleeve. Now hoping a shop can put a small end on that will allow to connect to piece in carb. Otherwise I guess I'll have to pick up a new cable and remove the Long adjuster attached to carb.
Why do they sell you a cable not long enough?
Mike

You can probably use it like it is if you think the end is smooth not going to cut the cable . And I think the cable is from a stock carby thay just put it or use it with hp ones think I got one or 2 to fit got rid of the handle bar adjustment and half or more of the carby one. I did get a motor with that carby and the cable was longer just once

in future, cut the end that goes in the throttle, as that piece is usually easier to fit on (and won't go into engine if it comes off)

Well, I went to a bike shop, motorcycle shop and no one has the small end crimp that goes on carb side. Tomorrow I will go and buy new cable and hopefully be able to remove adjustment pieces to make work.
Starting to get frustrated with this project.

Back