Throttle problems?

geebt48cc

Local time
7:27 AM
All is good, but for some reason on the (48cc Skyhawk 2/stroke) throttle spring jams and then has alot of play of cable on both ends. ..............any ideas

PS- It's only about 320 miles old. Everything is checked & double checked,lubed,etc.

Last edited:
Yes, I was thinking that throttle slide( holds spring with C-clip & pin) was acting a little hard to slide into the top of carb. So, what would you do?

Appreciate?

you might have to use some sandpaper on the slide to make is fit the bore of the carb better. sand the slide on all sides, going with the shape of the slide. i would use like 400 grit sandpaper because you don't want to remove a bunch of material, you just want to smooth it out. it shouldn't take very much to get it smooth and sliding free in the bore of the carb.
sometimes tho, when the cap on top of the carb gets screwed on and tightened, the carb body may distort slightly, so that could be part of the problem as well. the slide should move up & down in the carb (with your fingers) very easily and smoothly, and it should only have a very slight amount of resistance.

Ok, I'll try that with 400 grit on the slide. So, should it be about to slide freely?...............It moves some now, but very labored. (Uno, while doing throttle is working fine, it will stick into whatever position)

TY

Last edited:
Ok, I'll try that with 400 grit on the slide. So, should it be about to slide freely?...............It moves some now, but very labored. (Uno, while doing throttle is working fine, it will stick into whatever position)

TY

Should bottom out with MINIMAL effort. Check the top section, you may of crushed the threaded section if tightened too much. Snug the top, do not over tighten. If the cable is longer then the casing (casing can move between stops), the cable needs to be shortened.

motorpsycho...didn't read your whole post before my fingers started .....:)

Last edited:
Back