throttle stuck on max

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by JosephGarcia, Apr 6, 2007.

1. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

Just rode around the neighborhood with 20 being the max speed I reached, at stops I pulled the clutch in and released and drove off without the engine stopping. Got home, turned the engine off. let it rest for a bit. turned it on 10 minutes later and the throttle was movable, and I had it off and gave a little gas, but the engine acted as if I was giving it the max and sped up. I pulled the clutch in and it revved like crazy. killed the engine with the switch and headed to the forums.

So anyone else had this? I think it might be the pin inside the throttle assembly in the carb. Either stuck from friction, or vibration loosened something. Being the paranoid android I am, I will not touch anything until I hear other peoples opinions.

2. Thejman

Thejman Guest

had it happen to me before its the pin/metal plug assembly my guess is it is stuck.

3. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

how did you fix it?

4. Thejman

Thejman Guest

took off the throttle assembly for the carb and placed it in the right way again.

5. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

Oh, well I fixed it this morning when i found a small chip on the brass cylinder that I sanded smooth with 600grit sandpaper, works fine now.