Through The Winter -3

You are not the only one....
My leg is alll screwed up. My knee is HUGE. It's all full liquid. This was from a wipe out that happened over 3 weeks ago. I am heading to the doctor to have it looked at today. It is hard to walk and it keeps getting worse...

Skatingsamurai was asking about cold starting. If your choke is working and you "tickle" the carb with that small button, it should start just as well as in the summer. Have you tried your best to "waterproof" the wires, including the spark plug wire? A hot glue gun works well for this. Water can ground out your plug wire .

Skatingsamurai was asking about cold starting. If your choke is working and you "tickle" the carb with that small button, it should start just as well as in the summer. Have you tried your best to "waterproof" the wires, including the spark plug wire? A hot glue gun works well for this. Water can ground out your plug wire .

Thats what I do. Tickle it and choke it. Starts right up. I have to play with the choke and give it gas to keep it running for the first few seconds when its cold. i waterproofed my magneto to CDI wires with red RTV.

I was going to go for a ride this morning, but the thermometer is reading -22F. I think I'll stay in and play video games. I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.

This thread RULES!
I rode up to Cherry Creek this month man was it cold -5 F at it's coldest never got past 15 F that day I saw NO ONE on the bike trails and were talking all 26 miles one way in either direction. When I got to my destination everyone thought I was absolutely bat loon crazy.
But it was my trike so I can go over ice or snow or whatever and those gears just ruled.
So I had my Balaca or whatever that's called covers my head just the eyes show,two undershirts,a hoodie and then my coat with heavy gloves and two layers of socks.
Plenty warm.
What's crazy was that with the choke on my engine started on the second pull.
But man was it cold. People offered me a ride back just load up my bike in back of their truck.
I declined.
I was having too much fun!

Interesting topic, possibly because I cracked a couple of ribs three days ago. For me it's always my front wheel that slides out so fast that I hit the ground and always seem to land on my shoulder. On my last wipeout I had to lie in the wet snow in the middle of the road because I knocked the wind out of my lungs. There I was with my bike laying on top of me, fighting for breath, thinking about the sound my ribs made as I landed.
Thank God for Tylenol 3, it hurts so bad I can't even cough without hurting.

Jeez cooltoy, that's horrible! Slow down a little! They say broken ribs are the most painful thing a person can experience besides childbirth. The only thing they can do for it is give you drugs. I hope you are not laid up too long into the new year and you can be back on the trail soon. Keep off that front brake and think about studded tires while you are high as a kite on the tylenol3. Best wishes. Heal up quickly. :giggle:

You are not the only one....
My leg is alll screwed up. My knee is HUGE. It's all full liquid. This was from a wipe out that happened over 3 weeks ago. I am heading to the doctor to have it looked at today. It is hard to walk and it keeps getting worse...

Those kinds of things don't get better on their own. Take it easy and see a doctor. I hope you have some kind of medical insurance.

[bloviation mode]I don't have any health insurance so I treat my own wounds my own ways. I can't afford doctor visits when all a doctor will do is give you some pills and a splint. I broke my finger last summer and I refused to see a doctor. I made my own splint out of cotton gauze, popsicle sticks and tape because I knew a doctor couldn't do any better but would charge me several hundred dollars. [/bloviation mode]

Knees are more complicated than fingers. Get it looked at. Best wishes. Heal up quickly! :giggle:

Back