Thumb/Brake lever Throttles

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Russntustin, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Russntustin

Russntustin New Member

Been searching....looking for people that have and like/dislike the thumb type or brake lever throttles on their bikes.
    I've been looking at the BMX 'Sinz' brake lever for a throttle. (two finger/spring loaded)

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I have a brake lever for the throttle on my trike, and it works well. But I'm getting a little arthritis in the fingers, so I'm planning to change to a thumb lever off a snow machine. It doesn't look like it will be any problem.
  3. Russntustin

Russntustin New Member

Anyone use a Thumb throttle like this?

Been searching for a thumb throttle....A few different vendors have these on eBay. Was wondering if anyone has used it.

Attached Files:

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

nice looking little throttle control.

I use thumbshifters... friction type, not indexed.
    with a little bit of friction, it works like cruise control.....set it & forget it !!
  5. DIYMark

DIYMark Member

As soon as i saw the stock throttle and how it was made and worked it went straight into the bin! It was the worst POS excuse for a throttle lol!

Now I use a friction shifter with the "ratchet" removed so its super smooth - its adjusted to spring back on releasing instead of cruse control style.
  6. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

I use a brake lever turned backwards for thumb control. I like it but, wouldn't mind upgrading for a twist control.