Tillotson carb

Mancel Blankenship

Local time
10:59 PM
I have Tillotson MT12A on a Whizzer 1951 Sportsman.
Does anyone know if the Tillotson MT reproduction offered by Dennis Carpenter will work on a 1951 Whizzer Sportsman? They offer a rebuild kit for the Tillotson MT, will it work on the original MT12A?
Anybody with experience with this repro carb would be helpful.

Are you kin to any of the Blankenships on the "Curse of Oak Island" show? Sorry, I have no whizzer experience.

I live near Oak Island and have visited it several times. I might even know the secret...
Unfortunately I too have no Whizzer experience.

Steve

Steve- Is Oak Island a public place? I thought it might be private -for residents only.

It was public in the past, and various owners have financed by hosting tours. I have visited it several times since the 1960s when it looked like a war zone of open water filled pits everywhere. You can legally walk the beach of the whole island, and walk out to it at low tide (the causeway is posted) or canoe over at any time.

Nova Scotia is an amazing place for natural wonder. The fossil beaches at Joggins and Blue Beach, the gypsum sinkholes of Hants County, amethyst at Amethyst Cove, Cape Split, the 2 mile tides of the Minas Basin, the 30 foot Balancing Rock at Tiverton, all the reversing rivers, the 3 foot wave of water that comes up the Shubenacadie River twice a day, the giant boulders dropped in the woods by glaciers, pitcher plants and sundews eating flies and growing on floating bogs. Wild cranberries and sorrel and mussels and oysters and spruce gum free for the picking. At just 33' above sea, just a little more global warming should give me beach front property.

I get off thread way too easy...

Oaks don't grow on saltwater islands, so why are there 2 Oak Islands in Nova Scotia?
One on the South Shore known for its elusive treasure, and another across the province in the Minas Basin.
Oak is the wood of doors in most of the world and in Scot's Gaelic the word oak is synonymous with "door".
Both of these Oak Islands are at the mouths of rivers that lead to the same place in the center of the province.
The Gold (because gold is found on it) and the Gaspereau (french for "discarded") start in New Ross.
Before the first settler families came in the early 1800s there was a 40'x40' stone foundation that got the nickname "the Castle".

The natives didn't build foundations, and when this one was carbon dated, it came up built in 1300 give or take.

Was it the scottish laird Henry Sinclair?

It was public in the past, and various owners have financed by hosting tours. I have visited it several times since the 1960s when it looked like a war zone of open water filled pits everywhere. You can legally walk the beach of the whole island, and walk out to it at low tide (the causeway is posted) or canoe over at any time.

Nova Scotia is an amazing place for natural wonder. The fossil beaches at Joggins and Blue Beach, the gypsum sinkholes of Hants County, amethyst at Amethyst Cove, Cape Split, the 2 mile tides of the Minas Basin, the 30 foot Balancing Rock at Tiverton, all the reversing rivers, the 3 foot wave of water that comes up the Shubenacadie River twice a day, the giant boulders dropped in the woods by glaciers, pitcher plants and sundews eating flies and growing on floating bogs. Wild cranberries and sorrel and mussels and oysters and spruce gum free for the picking. At just 33' above sea, just a little more global warming should give me beach front property.

Oaks don't grow on saltwater islands, so why are there 2 Oak Islands in Nova Scotia?
One on the South Shore known for its elusive treasure, and another across the province in the Minas Basin.
Oak is the wood of doors in most of the world and in Scot's Gaelic the word oak is synonymous with "door".
Both of these Oak Islands are at the mouths of rivers that lead to the same place in the center of the province.
The Gold (because gold is found on it) and the Gaspereau (french for "discarded") start in New Ross.
Before the first settler families came in the early 1800s there was a 40'x40' stone foundation that got the nickname "the Castle".

The natives didn't build foundations, and when this one was carbon dated, it came up built in 1300 give or take.

Hi there, I live near Oak Island as well. Fascinating history in this area, for sure. Just wanted to say hi, and that I always appreciate reading your optimistic replies to questions.
Thanks, and cheers
Tory Jenna

Hey Tory, we are blessed to live in this beautiful part of the world aren't we?
Tons of history, lots of water, benign climate, except for today.

You should write a book Steve.

Back to the OP and now we're leaving Oak Island folks. Can you call Dennis Carpenter and ask him? 704-786-8139

Back