Tim Hortons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lotsa_mpg, Jun 17, 2007.

1. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Ok, this is about as far off topic as I can get. But, I had to get this off my chest. I continue to me amazed by how nuts 90% of us Canadians are about Tim Hortons coffee. I think Tim Horton's (commonly referred to here as Timmie's) is pretty much a Canadian only coffee/donut franchise (named after some deceased hockey player)....but no doubt, many of you in other countries have heard of it. Well, it just floors me to see how people will stand in a line up 30 people deep or worse yet, sit in their idling cars in the drive thru for half an hour just for a cup of coffee....especially when you can get a decent cup of coffee just about anywhere. Admittedly, the Timmies coffee is quite good, but I still can't understand how people can have that much patience. I sometimes wonder how much fuel could be saved worldwide if drive thrus did not exist.....I never see anybody shut their vehicles off during their considerable waits...they leave them running in the winter to stay warm and in the summer for a/c.

2. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

here in the USA it's called yuppie centrol or Starbucks! 8)
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

McDognuts, Bogus King, Barfy's, Taco Hell, Starbutts....it's all third rate garbage.

At least a "Timmies" you guys get a decent cup of java.
  4. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Timmie....thats that kid in the wheelchair on Southpark 8) 8) 8)
  5. retro_racer

retro_racer Guest

I love that stuff

Dude,I love timmies!!!! My wifes best friends are team drivers,and the company they work for is based in Canada.If it wasn't for there special deliverys of Timmies.My wife,and I would have to kill someone :grin: :grin: :grin: Thats a Joke,but not far from the actual truth.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, that must be some good coffee.....
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Well daughter no. 3 and I drove 120 miles to a "Timmies" and the coffee was O.K., but not worth dying for.

We got caught in this-[​IMG]

The tree in the photo wasn't there when the S**t hit the fan. The downpour/wind/lightning was so intense, that all the traffic stopped and it got worse and worse until there was nothing but rushing water and ZERO (I mean I could see the windshield and half of the truck hood) visibility. When it cleared, this tree branch/wire was on the ground 20 feet in front of the truck. If I'd have pulled over like everybody else was doing, we'd have been toast.

Not sure if it was a tornado, we didn't stick around.

The coffee at Dunkin Donuts is better IMHO.
  8. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

timmies = doughnut junkies. st chathrines in canada has more timmies locations than in any other province in canada :yuck: every corner you turn theres a timmies. :shock:
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Like a Canadian version of fourbucks coffee then.
  10. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Gee, Joe....I really didn't mean to convince you to drive thru h*!L & high water just to sample the stuff, but I guess curiosity got the best of you, eh? Comforting to know that I am not the only person who thinks there's lots of other coffee just as good. The Canadian miltary forces in Afganistan sure must like the stuff though because they basically petitioned Tim Horton's to establish a location on their base. Timmies came thru and now our soldiers can get a good cuppa anytime they want. I have to hand it to Timmies....it was the right thing to do for the fine people who put their lives on the line every hour of every day. Maybe I'll even put up with standing in a Timmies line up just to show some appreciation.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

It was worth it just to get caught in that storm......plus my daughter reminded me that I am always telling her "Do it now or forever hold your peace". Which means we never know when we'll reach the end of our road, so if you want to know/sample/experience something, do it now and don't have regrets for not doing it later.

I had to know and got a storm as bonus for seeking out the Timmies to try.

BTW- I LOVE any kind of extreme/adverse weather!