Tire Recommendations?

BonitaPanther

Local time
3:05 AM
I noticed that the sidewalls of the Panther are cracking and I am guessin' that it would be a good idea to change the tires.
This is the 24" Whizzer.
Any suggestions?

I read a thread about the solid tires here the other day but couldn't find it again while searching. I would like to know how good they work.

Are our tires any different than bicycle tires?
Is something like this any good?

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_080W206787110001P?keyword=bicycle+tires#descriptionAnchor
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks Mabman!
I will check it out.

Steve

After checking...
I couldn't find any sized 24 x 2.125 there, I am pretty sure that is the size I need.
That is a good looking tire you pointed me to tho!

Last edited:
The 2.3 will fit in there no problem, it is not that much wider and will give even more compliance via the extra volume but not interfere with your rolling resistance.

The bicycle tire industry goes by 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc. now but they are for the most part interchangeable in older style 2.125 bikes especially due to the extra clearances allowed. The pedal bike crowd wants lighter tires but the heavier tires are not a problem for your Whizzer, especially one with 24" wheels.

But if you want the old technology tires you might try Coker tire also? For performance I would go with the newer ones myself.

Hmmmm... there doesn't seem to be much extra clearance at all on the back tire. the belt currently runs so close that going wider even that small amount seems like it might be a problem....

As far as style and such, as long as it is black and has good traction I am happy.

Thanks
steve

In that case get one like this for the rear http://www.everybicycletire.com/Sho...lento-ii-hs-328a-reflective-sidewall-507.aspx
A reflective sidewall is a nice touch also for street going tires.

It will be a bit narrower than your current tire but not much. I prefer a wider tire for the front if I can get it and there is no written rule that I know of that you need the same size/type of tires on your bike, unless you are going for the concours look that is. I do this more often than not actually on all my bikes.

HEY, TIRE-TALKERS:

I recently installed a Worksman heavy-duty coaster-brake rear wheel on Oscar, my 2005 NE-5. It has a chrome rim instead of the stock black rim, which I prefer.

I'll also be ordering a Worksman front wheel to match.

Would these chrome wheels look better with a Black tire instead of the stock Whitewalls as shown on this picture of Oscar?

Thanks...
HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 219
how oscar might look with chrome rims...sweet!

Hey Hal!

I am sticking with all black on mine, it seems to go good with the design of the bike, on Oscar, I think the white walls look great and with the chrome rims it will be a real beauty!

Sorry I couldnt do a better job on the picture, the file was to small, but it will give you an idea of how clean looking it will be....

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    384.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Back