Tired of the heat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RdKryton, Aug 14, 2010.

1. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Well are you? Well remember just 6 months ago...

Attached Files:

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

One of my customers told me that the Farmer's Almanac is calling for more of the same in our neck of the woods, but with a bit less snow and more ice.

3. spad4me

spad4me Member

I live in sunny Bullhead.
    105 plus in the shade. If you can find any.
    Looking forward to the 80 degree SNOWLESS winters.

4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I like to visit snow, I do not like living in it though.

5. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

GearNut..after living in New York for my first 17 years I dont even want to visit snow any more..I will enjoy see pictures though ....I am also looking forward to nice 80 degree days here in Florida , 100 and even 95 gets old after a couple of months if you like to do stuff outside

6. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I don't think you guy's in PA are at particular risk, but Buffalo with the wicked Witch Erie to the West of us are! That Lake is gonna stay good and warm for a while! Not good!

7. kerf

kerf Guest

It was a 102 here on Friday with very high humidity, heat index was over 112. I'll take dry heat any day.

8. Fulltimer

Fulltimer Member

Turn your oven on to 100* then stick your head in it. That is dry heat and it will be HOT!

Terry

9. kerf

kerf Guest

Don't make a habit of putting my head in an oven for any reason. The trouble with high humidity is, sweat won't evaporate, that's what cools you. You're not only hot but dripping wet too. Powder just becomes a sticky paste and your deodorant winds up running into your socks. Feet smell fine, rest of you stinks. Where do you think we get the "rebel yell".

10. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

It's even hot HERE. Upper 90's today. Very unusual. Most homes and smaller places don't have AC. Frack. I just go and fill some orders then sit. Too hot.

11. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I have lost track of the 100+ degree days here, but I do have fond memories of a Freak Texas February.

Attached Files:

12. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Whats deordrant???

13. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

yuk... :ack2:

14. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

A tipoe. :D

15. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Found an inexpensive neck cooler. You soak it in water for 15 to 30 min, and it keeps your neck cool all day....lasts 48 hours. Turns out is it just water crystals like they use for plants. You can get some and sew them in fabric for a very cheep neck cooler. Works way better than a bandana soaked in water.

http://www.watercrystals.com/

16. mudbug

mudbug New Member

It was 103* (heat index 110*) a couple of days ago (99-103* for over a week) but we're having a cool snap today it only reached 99* (humidity also 99%) :sweatdrop:

I'm trying to figure if there is ANYTHING outside I need to be doing?

I was welding last week and had to keep dumping the water out of my helmet every so often...

It's getting into the lower 70's at night ... I may have to work in the shop on the graveyard shift if it doesn't cool off soon.

17. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Worked in big shops as a welder/fabricator in Florida for 35 years..110 degrees by 8:00 in the morning after the machinery was running...hotter in the welding area especially doing heavy aluminum...now I am complaining about doing nothing in 99...Back in the airconditioned house or newly airconditioned garage I go.

18. a/c man

a/c man Member

Nobody is more tired of the heat this summer
    more than me and my fellow a/c mechanics.
    We have all literally worked our butts off.
    Had to punch 2 more holes in my belt so far to keep my pants up.
    Nobody eats good in the heat, we're too water logged from drinking
    a gallon of water or so everyday to keep hydrated.
    Business has been over the top. Job security I guess..
    I used to love summer
    Now I'm just worn out.

19. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

AC MAN....every body loves you guys , hang in there...I know what you mean, you cant drink enough water to stay hydrated, and eating is a chore, but I bet you are not fat...I did stainless exaust welded duct work in resturants that went up to the roof..big comercial ac ductwork too ..hot stuff..keeps you in shape....as you get older the summers seem to get hotter....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  20. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Try Stan4d's neck cooler idea.
    Back when I cleaned commercial swimming pools I had a never ending supply of water to keep my shirt cool and wet.
    I did not care how it looked and I never got one complaint from a tenant or manager.