Title Says It All.

Illumin

Local time
6:20 PM
Hey everyone, I'm an amateur here at the Bike Forum, just wanted to make an introduction and post some pics of my new build.

It was a lot of fun putting this thing together. And of course as soon as I got it built, it's been raining the past few days.

So I've only got about two hours of drive time, but all seems good, except it's kind of jerky at lower speeds, not sure

if that's normal operation, or loose chain maybe. Anyways let me know what you all think. Thanks.

-Illumin

20131006_150825.jpg20131007_135816.jpg20131006_150723.jpg

Yup. That is a nice looking bike. Both the bike itself and the build.

That chain looks a little bit long to me. That could cause your jerkiness.

Plus most of these two strokes really don't 'lug' all that well.

Thanks for the kind words. The bike is a Firmstrong Bruiser. It's a solid bike. I worked at a bike shop for three years so when the bike arrived I tuned it up nicely,

only complaint out of the box, was that the rims had a slight wobble, but had a spoke wrench and trued the rims myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try tightening the chain, if that doesn't work, I'll just pop out another link.

And you could be right, could just be the engine itself, It runs phenomenal other than that slight yanking going on at lower speeds.

I also need to invest in some smaller tires, maybe go down to 1.95 instead the 2.25 getting a minute rub on the tire.

Back