TLE-43 Mitsubishi engines 43cc $40

I am selling TEN 43cc 2 stroke engines. I have ten available. If you look around they sell for more than $150 +. They do not have a gas tank or pull starter but they do have the electric start. You can sell the parts alone for more than $40. Email me for more information or if you want them. Also I am located in Orange County, CA
Josh

Last edited:
That is a chinese engine for sure.
But, they can be worked to have much better performance.
They are clones of the the Mitsu.
In the goped world, we call them "Chitsu" motors.

From what I was told they are TLE43's. From looking at the pics of what I have found they look the same to me. The only difference I see is that the kill button is normally mounted on the case where my engines have a foot or two of wire so you can put the kill switch somewhere else. Doesnt the sticker normally come on the pull starter. These dont have the pull starter and also have the electric start. I do not know a whole lot about these motors except what the guy has told me and that they do run good. Also I took one apart to look at the insides and you can tell they were never used. It still had the sideways porting marks on the cylinder walls and the piston looks brand new. Zomby Builder is there anything else you see different about these engines? I just want to make sure I am selling what I actually have

Last edited:
So they are not TLE43's for sure. **** that guy I bought them from. Well ha if anybody wants some TLE43 look a likes you know who to go to. Sorry everyone for getting your hopes up.

Like I said, they're not that bad.
They are sort of "clones" of the Mitsubishi.

The piston is a brick in those,
but with porting based on the real Mitsu,
they can perform pretty well.
Your motors also have a steel sleeved cylinder,
I think the mitsubishi have an all aluminum cylinder and bore.

These usually have very good torque, but they don't rev very high.

oh cool. good to know. So what can I do to get some more power out of these engines. I have one right now on my little pit bike and would love to make it faster. Thanks for the help and saving me from looking like a jerk when someone who bought them realized they were not a TLE43.

You need to port them per the TLE specs.
Get a real TLE, and open your motor up, and then port the cylinder and cases
to match. Be sure to chamfer all the edges after your work to
make sure you don't score the cyl/piston....

The TLE-43 has a carb bypass & port that allows air (only) into the cylinder for the very first part of the air intake. So, instead of sucking fuel and air straight through the piston (short-circuiting it) it pulls air only for a bit. This reduces the fuel/air short-circuiting that occurs on standard two strokes, and subsequently reduces the unburnt fuel to about 5% (From apx. 20%) of the total used.

Unless the carb on the clones has the air bypass, you can't get this benefit. (however, it really doesn't affect power. It just reduces the pollution levels, so that the engine can meet CARBII guidelines without a catalytic converter.) It does increase fuel economy, though, by about 15%.

Ref TLE White Paper

Last edited:
BTW. My TLE43 has two labels on it, in addition to the label in the pull starter cover.

Ref the sketch below.

The first label is on the red top cover. When viewing the engine from the carb side, it's below and to toe left of the spark plug cover.

The second label is on the metal crankcase housing, near the left of the engine, below the first label, and to the 10 oclock position, related to the carb.

Attachments

• TLE43 Labels.JPG
    TLE43 Labels.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 298
Back