to catch a litterbug

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crazeehorse, Aug 21, 2008.

1. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

someone kept throwing litter out in my yard, from their car. i thought i knew who it was, but could never catch them in the act. then one day i came across this site http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm i bought 4 cameras , motion sensors & software to digitally record onto my computers hard drive. i setup 2 motion sensors. one on each side of the yard, so that when the litterbugs got to the edge of my yard, i had them on camera, from 2 angles. guess what, i caught the litterbugs on the second day after setting my video trap. i put it on a dvd, took it to the county sheriff, made an id, & now the litterbugs will get to pickup litter for a few weekends, & paid a 500.00 fine. i wished the justice system worked this well on everything. anyway this setup is great, wireless, cheap, & works like a charm.

2. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

how much did the rig cost? i guess it was more about principal

3. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

if you wait for a sale, you can get a system like i got 4 cameras, 2 motion sensors,digital converter, & software to record to your pc for about 200.00 , it also records audio.

4. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Whew! I was thinking you spend thousands! LOL

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

that's a really nice price
    something that some of us may need now days
    it's a shame

many have no respect

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

6. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

thats a pretty good price... did you manage to get evidence on the nerk in question yet?

Jemma xx

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I'm all for that...let's see their movie debut. ;)