To grip shift or not to grip shift?

grip shift

If its the original Grip Shift I found that it was a pain to disassemble and thread and reassemble the unit. I hope that it is a lot easier than it was in the stone ages when I had my shop.

I think most of the modern brake levers are built with the Grip shift in mind so there should not be a problem with that aspect of the install.

I don't think that if you hit a bump you will "auto-shift". that was a fear when they first came out and was proved wrong by many miles of off road mountain rides.

I say go ahead and give it a try. If all else fails you can always go back to the Shimano crapped fire you had before:)

Mike

I use an 8 speed twist grip shift on my bike with SBP Jackshaft and wouldn't use anything else. I have it mounted on the right side. I am using a sinz brake lever as the throttle instead of the twist throttle. The reason I have the twist grip shifter on my right is I am constantly on the clutch lever, so I find it easier to shift, if I have to change gears while peddling. Here is some pics

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=1216

Back