Tom,we NEED an explanation.

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by fetor56, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Your noticably conspicuous by your absence....who owns this website now...why did Augi resign...........WHAT'S HAPPENING??? :confused::confused::confused:

2. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

I guess you and I were both on the same bandwidth as I had just finished asking the same.
    I guess we can only wait things out for now. I wish I knew where to go to find a site like this one. For me, that is the sad part!

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Thanks for replying man...some ppl have kept their heads down for fear of getting banned but WTF,someones gotta ask the difficult questions.Possibly i'll get banned but atleast i would have tried.
    I don't have any magical answers cooltoy about where else to go on the net cos this is the best website of it's kind.I can only do as your doing,and everyone else is doing...wait and see.

4. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

new website

Isn't there a new website called?

edit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2008
  5. Zev0

Zev0 Member

I believe that is the site that is stealing our ppl. I have noticed some posts there about THE OTHER SITE (MBc) and how bad ppl are treated. Well, BARF all over them. This is the ONLY good site. However it seems to be headed in who knows what direction. Seems like Tom has also abandoned us for who knows what. If, we, the hard core of MBc, stick together we will survive. At least for the time being.

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Yep,that's the MBc clone.I'm not a member there but i have looked through it out of curiosity.Like most ppl any additional info i could gain would be a bonus but that wasn't to be....their our poor clone,our rejects,and have little to contribute(only money to bribe)

7. Clone? @#$% no. I mean h e c k no.(Thanks gone fishing!)
    Tom. We need your input here for people think you've sold out.
    People think the money needed to run this forum you make up with just one sponsor and the rest goes in your pocket. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with that. It's cool to make money. But it's not cool when you let Dog run the place while you look away. It's not cool when people offer you something that might take away from honest reporting.
    I'm just guessing here,but unless you explain what is happening,we can only speculate.

8. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Whaa....? Didnt notice anything, however i did see a very nasty comment on Youtube about Tom and Augi, dont know what that was about. Ye I've seen that other site as well, not very good at all, very basic and it doesnt have that community feeling like here does. The administrators and moderators have all worked very well to make such a fantastic place and keeping the spirit alive, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope something good comes out at the end.

9. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Sure hope so. Lights seem to be dimming tho. :-x

10. Tom. If you want to save your forum then please respond. This is getting ridiculous already. You gonna let only one side be heard and not your own?

11. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

kinda sucks, some of yall have baan here since the begining. ive only been here 4 months and its turninng to carp. hope things bounce back.

12. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Ye same with me, I havent been here long but since I have I've been on it non-stop like every day for about an hour, there is just so much information and some fantastic people who are more than willing to help. Some great engineering and innovative minds as well, there is always a new improvement that somebody comes up with an idea, people talk about it then somebody goes and does it. I was following the key switch idea, this idea was started by a 14 year old kid from england called BSA, Large Fillipino and others gave some advice and now Eltaterto in America has got a key dashboard on his chopper! This community really is something special, its international! Everybody here thinks alike, yeah we could just buy a motorbike, but why not build something completely different ?! It is this collection of great thinking people aged from 14 to over 70! This really is a fantastic site that really must not start on a downward spiral. I'm not sure what has happened between the admin but we shouldnt stop this from destroying the community that we have here; because of a few individuals disagreements. I really hope this gets resolved and we can move on to doing what we do best. All of a sudden there has been a surge of interest in motoredbikes on not just this site, but in general, more and more people are really getting into all of this! And this IS the BEST forum on the internet for Motored Biking!

13. WOAH. I just looked at the member list over there and I see now why Augi is grieving. WOW. But here's the thing. Most of the guys over there are vendors. Sorry,but you won't see my name over there. I mean someone's gonna want something improved on his bike are they gonna show them how to build it? Maybe. But here comes the vendor offering to sell that thing. That's okay too but for me,it's too commercialized over there. The intentions are nice enough but man.
    I got my bike. Maybe I'll build me another one. But that's about it,you know?
    Someone there has an idea and suddenly it's profit time. I'm all about the sharing. That's just not my cup of tea.
    Makes me wonder though how they can stay sponsor free.

14. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Yes, bro.... it's all about the sharing.
    augi has shared most excellent reviews.
    Large, you, my friend, have shared some most excellent upgrades....
    wait to see if someone tries to market your ideas.

15. azbill

azbill Active Member

tom is out of town till monday
    other than that you know what i do :(

16. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Monday then.

17. Mary

Mary Guest

I'd like to know why srdavo has deleted the link you posted. Yes, I'm sure it's against board rules but I believe the rule ought to be lifted on this matter. I agree with Large, this is bordering on ridiculous.

I have a laptop and take it with me when I go out of town. It seems funny to me that Tom does not know what's going on and one of the moderators has not informed him that Augi has left. Sorry, but it's just hard to believe what's going on.

I would like to know, "Tom, what the heck is going on"???

Mary

18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

not to mary, but everyone, mary was the last previous post'er is all :)

anyone paying attention would know that there's been a concerted campaign for several months to hijack our traffic by posting the link with a "what i do?" innocent face...

i've never said tom sold us out (we have been sold out by friends, members, and sponsors), but i did say it doesn't look good...there may be profit here i haven't heard about, not that i care, but i want to know for sure where everything and everyone stands.

anyone not fully up to speed should refrain from commenting on this issue...read read read or hush, please.

19. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Did you wipe out my complete post? Why? Did you not say that Tom has signed up at the other sight?
    You like to start fires but when someone else fans the fire you jump back and delete!
    Why?

20. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Delete this too! I'll check back in a few, maybe years.
    Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.