Tomos Revival ??

robin bird

Local time
4:13 AM
Has anyone considered the Tomos Revival a cute motorcycle with pedals a throw back to the 50's mopeds spoked wheels--advantages $1695 U.S. --2 stroke -2 gears smaller stronger wheel top speed 45 mph--also has a 70cc upgrade with tuned pipe for you speedsters --one year warrantee--no screwing around to keep it running--iam seriously considering this one!!
Technical Info :

Engine Type: 49cc air cooled, single cylinder-2 stroke
Bore x Stroke: 38.0mm x 43-Omm
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Carburetion: 14mm Dell'Orto PHVA
Ignition: CDI
Transmission: 2-speed, automatic clutch
Final Drive: Chain (103 rollers)
Front Suspension: Telescopic fork
Rear Suspension: Swing arm with two shocks
Front Brake: Disc (230mm)
Rear Brake: Drum (105mm)
Front Tire: 2.25-17
Rear Tire: 3.25-16
Wheelbase: 47"
Overall Length: 72"
Min. Ground Clearance: 12"
Seat Height: 31'
Dry Weight: 143lbs
Fuel Capacity: 0.92 gallons, including 0.13 reserve
Oil Tank Capacity: 0.2 gallon
Carrying Capacity: 300lbs
Fuel Consumption: 100

Where did you see a Revival with peddles ? It’s my understanding that only the Sprint and ST have peddles. The biggest difference between the Sprint and ST models that I can see is the ST has turn signals where as the Sprint does not. I did some research on Tomos mopeds several months ago. They are the only ones I can find that are not made in China. My local price is cheaper than some of the China made junk mopeds I see on eBay. Tomos has been around for decades. Although they do net get a super great rating, they do get a much better rating than anything else I’ve seen. And yes, I’m greatly considering one rather than building another motorized bicycle. I’m sure the Tomos has better everything to start with over a store bought China made bicycle with an added engine. They are made for their purpose to start with. I like my Schwinn Suburban with Harbor Freight 50cc engine and BMP friction drive set up, but I most likely won’t be building another “motorized bicycle”. To many cheap quality things to go wrong in may opinion. Also, you need to be careful and consider the size of the engine on the revival along with not having peddles. Most states require a max of 50cc, no more than 2 horse power, can not be capable of going over 30 miles per hour and has the be capable of peddle power with no engine assist. Has to have functioning head light, tail and brake light. That’s the law here in South Carolina. Some states are even stricter. Here if I excide the engine size, power or capable speed and no peddles, then it becomes classified as a motor cycle requiring a driver license, tag and insurance. To the best of my knowledge, my bike is considered as any other plain bicycle. The only place I know I can’t ride is on public bike trails where it’s posted “No Motorized Vehicles”. I can turn off the engine and peddle in that case. I’ve never had any problems with anybody or cops so far. Don’t expect to. I have a current state drivers hand book and I know what the laws are. I’ve considered taking the book with me in case I ever do get pulled over. I can show the cop in case he’s not familiar with the laws. One cop can’t know everything. I’ve found if I’m nice, they usually are too. But, yes, I’m considering purchasing a Tomos moped. Good luck !!!

PS
I think I might be wrong with the peddle issue in my previous post. I know one of the local Tomos dealers told me they do not have to have peddles. Today’s scooters with no peddles are referred to as “MOPEDS". Here in SC I think if they fall within the engine size, power and so on, no license, tag or insurance is required. Check your local state laws. I do know for fact that my motorized Schwinn is 100% legal.

What I'd like is a trike conversion of a Sprint. The A55 engine seems to have addressed some if not all of the issues there were with the old A35 engine. A local shop here has one it took in trade on a new machine - saw it today. Unfortunately it costs more than I? can afford.

I used to live in upstate S.C., so I know that Porkchop will know this term ; " Likker-sickles," & Tomos made one of the best.

Well according to heeters it sells for $1499.95 new. Now that is a web site price and you have to take into account a dealer mark up. $1650 is reasonable if the seller did pay $2500. $850 less to account for the little usage it has.

I used to live in upstate S.C., so I know that Porkchop will know this term ; " Likker-sickles," & Tomos made one of the best.
Yes, Porkchop has heard that term ! Let it be said though, it does not apply to me. I've never been intoxicated in my life, and I'm to old to start now and have no desire for it anyway. What do you call 2 guys on a moped ? Drinking buddies. I have 4 perfectly fine automobiles to drive along with a prefectly clean driving record. I ride my bike just for the fun of it ! Hey, I'm not being defensive here. Just ringing in with a friendly reply !