too many pages to read?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by gone_fishin, May 6, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

here's a tip you may not be aware of...

when you want to check out what's "new" in a loooong thread, simply click this icon [​IMG] in the righthand column & you'll go directly to the last post in that thread 8)

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Thats a good tip!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you!

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

just gonna bump this one to illustrate there's a lot of helpful info in here about using the forums.

tons of pages, where to start?

instead of scrolling thru all 6 pages of a topic, you can go directly to the last post.

5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Another Search tip

I keep saying to myself "I know I've seen a good answer to that question somewhere". I know it's easier to post a question than to search, especially since the forum grows every day. A trick i think I have figured out and has actually helped in the last several days for me is to start at the very earliest posts that the search brings up. Then work your way back to the present day.
    I did a search on "drum" brakes, and started on page 7 and found my answer on page 5.
    There wasn't quite as much clutter back then.

Hope that helps

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Scott:
    It also helps when u find an interesting thread to Bookmark it(Right-click/Create Shortcut) and save that bookmarked thread to a folder on your desktop...put that folder into another folder(possible folder name MBc)
    If u take a screenshot/screenshots of specific comments on that thread then u have the best of both worlds...the most relevent information and where to get it.

7. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

thats cool info will bump this again>^..^<