Took the plunge, 2 stroke on the way!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by hellhammer, Feb 21, 2010.

1. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

I should be getting my engine kit Monday! I'll be a methodical man with it and take my time. I'm psyched! :tt1:

2. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

haha good luck :D

Which kit did you opt for?

-- Hajuu.

3. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

80cc, I went cheap I hope I did good. Looks like I'll find out hahah! :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  4. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

haha yeah but what brand is it? I cant even see.

5. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

I'll have to wait until it arrives later today to let you know that.

6. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

LOL you didn't even check which brand? You're keen. :p

7. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

I know, I hope it works!

8. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

haha yeah it looks like either a grubee starfire to me, but then most of the common kits engines look pretty much identical. I'm sure it will be fine. :D

9. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

Whew, THANKS! I'll keep you posted my friend... :D

10. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

ahhh...my friend bought that same motor. his works great and has decent power...but my 50 c.c. slant head can out run his 80 c.c. on the top end.

11. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

It's BoyGoFast. The same kit as many vendors. 66cc, standard NT carby, 2L tank, roller bearing chain tensioner.
    It's the earlier model clutch lever and throttle/kill switch. Might be the early model carb, too. The later ones have a coated slide, the earlier ones are bronze/brass, uncoated. Not sure if that makes much of a difference. Also, couldn't see a countershaft sprocket/clutch puller, included with many kits.
    Still, it looks basically the same as my kit.
    Also, it looks like it has an EPA sticker on the magneto cover.

From what I've read, sometimes their service is below par, but otherwise, you've got a pretty normal looking 66cc HT kit on the way. Have a bit of a read on this site regarding setup and potential issues.

... Steve

12. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

Are most of the kits from the same manufacturers/distributors with just slightly different choices of 'accessory' parts like carbs and what not?

13. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

I don't think that they're all made in the same factory, but as far as I can tell, they're all made from the same design. That's why parts are so interchangeable.
    Some have carbs like yours, not sure if they're still an NT. (Any printing on the side of the carb body, eg. NTTC?), others have the early NT, while still others have the later NT. Jetting appears to differ with supplier, too.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, before I fall over. I'm exhausted. Just been waiting for the temp to drop. It's still 31C, at 4am. I need 3 or 4 hours nap. I'd almost prefer 31F and a thick blanket.

... Steve

14. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

Here's a pic with the engine mounted...so far so good.

[​IMG]

15. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I got that same kit from the same vendor. I am happy with it. Love the bike. What is it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  16. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

It's a modified 60's JC Higgins 'Flightliner'...Thanks!

17. motorpsycho

dude, that bike is pretty cool!
    what's up with the forks where the front wheel mounts tho?

is that a schwinn style triple horn i see by the rear wheel on the left side?
    you wanna get rid of it?

18. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

The fork is a torsion bar which was on the deluxe Flightliners and Spaceliners.
    You can find the horn here, probably save you on shipping...

www.bikeworldusa.com

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  19. motorpsycho

i see how it works now that you say it is a torsion bar set up...pretty cool.

20. hellhammer

hellhammer Member

I hit a snag with the sprocket, I'll need to reverse it after checking the chain clearance.

[​IMG]