Top speed of the GEBE kit.

RMWdave

Local time
10:21 AM
hey, seriousley thinking of rack mounting a pocketbike engine using the GEBE kit parts. no chains, no gears. just go.

the engine is a big bore 44mm, with a tuned exhaust and currently has no home. i mounted the exhaust on my happytime for ****s and giggles once.... the seatpost had to be sticking out about 10" and my *** was still getting hot since the pipe pointed right at it.

so, all id like to know is from those who use the GEBE mount how fast are you going with it? what kind of speed can i expect?

depends on motor and # of teeth on gear. My eho35 w/#12 gear cruises very comfortably at 24.... tops out at 27.

I tried a #14 gear and it cruised at 28... but didnt have any power.

Highly recommend this kit.... 5 out of 5 stars. robin subaru is a great motor... 4 stroke is quieter, more reliable, and overall much easier to operate. Kit is easy to install... belt drive is durable, and easy to remove if needed. Automatic tensioner ensures belt is always tight. Cant say enough good things.

Hope this helps

I have the Tanaka 32cc GEBE kit, and the Robin 35 as well. With a higher output engine, you can run the 14 tooth drive gear and cruise at 30+. Top speed depends on your max revs. You will have to go easy on the throttle with any engine over 2hp. The belt could be damaged if you ride it like a pit bike.

I enjoy my GEBE setup, and recommend it highly. Customer service is the best!

Gebe

With Tanaka engine will flat move out mine will go 32 mph max
I have the Tanaka 32cc, the 40cc should be a little faster..
I you want to fly get a Tanaka ....

you know what, now that i see how far off center the engine sets no matter how good and reliable it is its just not for me.

Unless you go frame mount or with a high rack mount with a chain drive, it's not possible to have the engine centered. Both designs have their own issues.

why is it a big deal about having

a perfectly centerted engine ????

There are no ballance issues with the GEBE ..

I road raced bicycles a few years back, and would be the first to speak up if there were handling issues with the GEBE setup. I comfortable hitting a corner at close to 30 on my GEBE'ed Novara Metro.

Back