Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some modifications to the intake on my bike today, took it out and same conditions as last time hit 47 miles per hour.

I have a background in motocross racing. pretty much every modification available to motocross bikes works great on these bikes.

I'm not one to leave things as they are, if I think I can squeeze more power out of something I'm going to keep adding power until I either run out of ideas or I throw a rod

You think my top speed is crazy, I can't get over your towing capacity. My mods aren't any crazier or more numerous than yours, I just went in a different direction with mine.

My mods aren't any crazier or more numerous than yours, I just went in a different direction with mine.

I agree. My towing mods are on the radical side (some might say sheer lunacy) and are not only an eye opener for myself but for the gentleman who designed the shift kit. He never envisaged that such a stonking amount of load/stress would be pushed through the device, or for a bicycle to be used in that manner.

That said, it's equally likely that you'll not only be throwing a rod, but also throwing body parts if it all goes terribly wrong at 47 mph.

I know that well enough, I wear the same gear on my motored bike that I do on my motorcycles, that stuff has saved me going quite a bit faster than 47.

The whole point of being able to do 47 is more to be able to do 30 without running it at 6000 rpm than it is to be able to do 47.

You think my top speed is crazy, I can't get over your towing capacity. My mods aren't any crazier or more numerous than yours, I just went in a different direction with mine.

Fabian reacts to everything that goes faster 12:42 mph :D Driving 47mph is no problem with a MBC. My MBC also tops around 47mph

Fabian reacts to everything that goes faster 12:42 mph :D

and not a fraction of a mph faster; even if you were to quadruple the pull of gravity; riding out of a Hercules C130 cargo bay, the bike would still hit the ground at exactly 12.42 mph if the Victorian department of motor vehicle spooks were looking my way :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back