Torque Converter

Tommy Griffin

Local time
7:37 PM
Whats a good technique to keep the torque converter plate from breaking ? I was thinking a big sprocket ? What you guys think ?

That's easy. Don't buy one from Kings Bikes, it's cast aluminum and always breaks next to the stiffener ribs.
Google torque converter, there are go-kart suppliers who have TC's with aircraft aluminum plate.
Some even sell just the mounting plate. They are somewhat more expensive but they won't break.
A buddy of mine has had three mounting plates break.
There is a casting flaw called a knit line that was evident in each one.

How big a 4-stroke do you have, because a torque converter transfer case is a power sucking waste without 200cc+ powering it.

My work mate has two 212cc builds. The first is a Huffy and he is loving it except that the mounting plates keep breaking.
His second, is a trike that is now his daily commute because of our snowy icy weather. His impression of the torque converter is that it smooth's out the engine pulses and in his case he likes the progressive power as compared to a centrifugal clutch. As I said before Death Row TC's have defective mounting plates. AGK's Comet is the better way to go.
Hope this link works.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=528223

Back