total noob from san diego

victortrav

Local time
9:41 PM
hey all i am a full on noob looking to start this hobby. i dont have a motor and i may not even use the bike i do have. So this is my first step, find info research and get input from locals. idealy i want a motorized chopper, so i am in the market for a suitable bike and a motor to run it. so if you are in the diego area or anywhere for that matter, say hey to the noob and drop some knowledge.

Welcome to MBc, Victor. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. If you are still stumped, post your question in the proper Forum.

I am sure that you will find the answers to all of your questions and you will be motoring around San Diego in no time flat. You might want to look thru our Galleries...perhaps something might spark an idea or two. Good Luck.

Patrick

thanks ive started reading and will continue but i am more of a bounce ideas off of others kinda guy. will definitely look at the gallery tho.

Just wondering how it's going and if your making any progress? I'm trying to move to San Diego soon and have found a few moped gangs but am in need of a bike. Are you building or buying yours? I'm not all that handy so I'd like to buy one but I also want to use an engine I buy.

hey gunnar i have not made any progress still doing research. Like yourself im not real handy but i think that is part of the journey to learn it do it and roll it. kinda like if i do it my self i will appreciate it more. and building myself i should get a better understanding of the working parts, so if anything breaks or goes south i will have an idea about it.

Yeah I guess there 2 groups (not sure if you know and not to sound all knowing because I'm anything but) in San Diego: The Wingnuts and The Skunks. Both have rides and FB pages. Also discovered mopedarmy.com. Here's a third group currently looking for members, just stumbled across it while looking for bikes.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/grp/2846459245.html

dont forget you can easily get a moped plate for your bike too, about $19 and mail in a form
couple weeks later get a plate in the mail, its that easy

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMjAyMTYtMTE1NC5qcGc.jpg

of course finding a place to mount the plate that fits the bike, well thats another challenge I havent figured out yet

Back