Tour de France cheaters

Nanonevol

Local time
8:37 PM
Did you see 60 minutes last night? Seems this guy invents and sells this little electric motor that can be totally concealed in a racing bike and the claim is that there have been many cyclists cheating using this motor. One funny scene was shown where the guy fell off the bike and the bike was spinning in circles on the ground on its own! Ooops! Busted! Inventor has made a fortune.

Yes, a woman was busted not long ago for the same thing.

I hold cheaters with the same esteem as I do liars and thieves.

That's really messed up... If the inventor designed and sold that out of knowledge they would cheat then I hope karma takes a dump on his bank account...

Now that I think of it I actually wonder if any motor vehicle racing type tournaments are using the same idea to cheat... A small motor hidden somewhere in a frame could provide an extra bit of power that could effect the outcome of a race... Or a tiny nitrous cartridge even... Makes me wonder... Horse races, athletes, golf... All pilfered with cheaters... Who's to say anything is sacred..

I can't fault the inventor. But I can't imagine how an athlete can sleep at night and live with him/her self when cheating like this. How they can stand there and know they cheated and lied. And especially for a major event like the Tour de France!

I can't fault the inventor. But I can't imagine how an athlete can sleep at night and live with him/her self when cheating like this. How they can stand there and know they cheated and lied. And especially for a major event like the Tour de France!
Oh yeah it's like not blaming the guy who made the crack the crack heads are smoking. Or not blaming a judge for accepting money to change his ruling, definitely only the person who was benefiting (or dying on crack fumes) should be blamed.

If he knew his invention was being used to cheat then he's no better than the cheaters themselves. Why provide the avenue knowingly. If he truly did not foresee it then no harm no foul. Simple.

To be fair, I started it. Why do I get in so many beefs on this silly site? Think what you want, and I'm sure you really don't care what I think or say. Rock on. Ride your lawnmower bike and have fun.

Pro cycling is among the most difficult of professional sports. Full, year round training is mandatory and nearly all that is outside in bad weather of one sort or another. Most riders survive as domestiques, struggling to maintain their place in the hierarchy while working their butts off for the stars of their teams. High speed descents, full on fearless sprinting, and unavoidable crashes haunt them just about everyday. A teeny advantage of any sort can make a huge difference in your place in the sport.

Any aerobic sport favors those who find that advantage. Cheating in one form or another will always goon.

Yes, a woman was busted not long ago for the same thing.

I hold cheaters with the same esteem as I do liars and thieves.

You must HATE all the early NASCAR teams. Smokey and Johnston were famed for their cheats.
Cars that dumped 200 lbs of lead shot while they rolled, the 4/5ths Chevy, Darrell Waltrip's famed nitrious leap to finish.
They seemed to have got away with it.

I was on a rifle team where our trigger pull was measured randomly, but especially if you won a match.
We won an international team match and in the moments while celebrating, one of our members was caught with a cheated trigger. We lost the trophy due to him. There was no need to cheat. It was a quiet week for him before we got back home. He left the Army in shame soon after.

Be careful of the decisions you make. Some will stick on you for many years to come.

Back