tracking my threads or posts

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by happyjourney, Apr 18, 2011.

1. happyjourney

happyjourney Member

I'd like to be able to track my postings or threads i opened up. I don't seem to be getting messages when a thread i opened or posted in was replied to or had the conversation followed thru on. I'd like to be able to track the conversations. it says instant email notification. is that only on the first post in reply or something.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I've found that the e-mail notification seems pretty reliable, but that you end up with a bunch of e-mails that you might or might not be interested in.

But there's another way.

At the top of the page you'll see a "search" icon. Click on it and you'll see a drop down menu. Near the bottom is "advanced search". In there you can type in your name (or someone else, for that matter) and then search either threads you've answered or threads you've posted.

I've found that to be a pretty good way to keep tabs on myself.
  3. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

What happens when you click on User CP. It should show threads that you subscribed to with new posts. While you are there check your options settings. It sounds like you have subscription turned off.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. loquin

loquin Active Member

FYI - You can also choose daily or weekly notification, which helps limits the total number of emails that you'll receive.

With daily notification, you will get 1 email a day, for each thread that you are subscribed to. And, like it sounds, you get one email a week for each thread with weekly notification.

Personally, I would like it if you had the option for 1 thread a day, containing the updates for all the threads that I'm subscribed to, but vBulletin doesn't offer that as a feature.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. loquin

loquin Active Member

:grin5: That's why I'm married... saves me that effort!:toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05: :nono: