Transmission binding chain

Centar

Local time
2:27 PM
I have a 98c 4-stroke with a clutch chain drive transmission, 10 tooth to 36 tooth with a freewheel. I have gone through 2 chains now over 10 rides because the links keep binding up and running rough. 415 chain. It looks like the plates are being pushed apart until the links bind. Why is this happening? and how can it be fixed?

I have a 98c 4-stroke with a clutch chain drive transmission, 10 tooth to 36 tooth with a freewheel. I have gone through 2 chains now over 10 rides because the links keep binding up and running rough. 415 chain. It looks like the plates are being pushed apart until the links bind. Why is this happening? and how can it be fixed?
It would only be speculation without a picture of what is going on.

It would only be speculation without a picture of what is going on.
If chain isn't rubbing and alignment good it's most likely component quality issue, sprocket teeth don't fit chain. Chain dimensions are standard. Those chain rollers should seat all the way in sprocket. Here's where it gets trickey, the teeth taper to almost a point from where chain roller seats in sprocket to the tip of tooth. If tapers are off and roller won't seat chain will bind up.10 rides and 2 worn out chains?

Spacing on chain vs sprockets. Might look good but the spacing binds up, maybe. Wrap chain around sprocket and all rollers should seat all the way in with no binding or sitting high in the groove. We're talking chineseum quality spacing here.

Spacing on chain vs sprockets. Might look good but the spacing binds up, maybe. Wrap chain around sprocket and all rollers should seat all the way in with no binding or sitting high in the groove. We're talking chineseum quality spacing here.
You mean like this one I got from bikeberry

Attachments

• 20211213_192206_HDR.jpg
    20211213_192206_HDR.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 52
Back