Trashed top-end

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gibblesnbits, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gibblesnbits

gibblesnbits New Member

So I was riding back from my fishin' hole yesterday going on the last leg of the trip, and i heard a popping sound coming from my engine followed by a sudden loss of compression. I took the top-end apart today and it looks as if a piece of the intake port chipped off and scarred the piston and cylinder wall pretty good :sweatdrop:. I've looked around on the forum and can't find a topic for this, how might i go about getting a new jug and piston? the piston bearing,pins and rings are still fine. its a 66cc. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gibbles. I will post pictures of it as soon as i can find my camera.:confused:

2. gibblesnbits

gibblesnbits New Member

3. a.graham52

a.graham52 Member

Iv seen quite a few parts websites offer pistons/heads/jugs and some even off "top end kits" which is all of those parts in one click
  4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

hard to tell from the pics, but it looks worth trying to clean up the rough edges a bit and try to run it to see how it does

ordering a top end is hard these days with so many cyl/piston combinations out there

also, that pop noise may have been a seal going bad - so check those to see if one of the lip-springs came out
  5. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

agreed, its getting hard to order the correct parts for an engine with no numbers!

its an idea with new cylinders etc, to pop em apart, and very carfelly deburr the edges of the ports. clean em out, remove casting flash, etc.

that one shown looks filthy! lumps all over!

other than that, its just a case of bad luck :(