Trashed top-end

gibblesnbits

Local time
3:29 AM
So I was riding back from my fishin' hole yesterday going on the last leg of the trip, and i heard a popping sound coming from my engine followed by a sudden loss of compression. I took the top-end apart today and it looks as if a piece of the intake port chipped off and scarred the piston and cylinder wall pretty good :cry:. I've looked around on the forum and can't find a topic for this, how might i go about getting a new jug and piston? the piston bearing,pins and rings are still fine. its a 66cc. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gibbles. I will post pictures of it as soon as i can find my camera.:confused:

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

(see them in photobucker here : http://s546.photobucket.com/user/deadly_gibbs/media/IMAG0049.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

EDIT : sorry for the bad pictures my camera is about 7 years old and doesnt focus well

hard to tell from the pics, but it looks worth trying to clean up the rough edges a bit and try to run it to see how it does

ordering a top end is hard these days with so many cyl/piston combinations out there

also, that pop noise may have been a seal going bad - so check those to see if one of the lip-springs came out

hard to tell from the pics, but it looks worth trying to clean up the rough edges a bit and try to run it to see how it does

ordering a top end is hard these days with so many cyl/piston combinations out there

also, that pop noise may have been a seal going bad - so check those to see if one of the lip-springs came out

agreed, its getting hard to order the correct parts for an engine with no numbers!

its an idea with new cylinders etc, to pop em apart, and very carfelly deburr the edges of the ports. clean em out, remove casting flash, etc.

that one shown looks filthy! lumps all over!

other than that, its just a case of bad luck :(

Back