Treading On Eggshells.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fetor56, Jan 7, 2008.

1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I'm a relative newbie here as far as time goes and i get the distince impression there are some dealers(possibly even people) that are better left unsaid.
    In trying to help even more newbie members i sometimes need to refer them to certain websites or post pics from those websites in relation to what i mean.
    I don't particularly want to get on the wrong side of anyone but i also don't want to be always second-guessing myself and restrictive about what i innocently say.
    Should there be some sort of priority ban list... a taboo list of unmentionables,or is it up to the more time senior members to tactfually advise of any potential/actual fopah? :confused:

2. smapadatha

smapadatha Guest

I believe Augie once said that links are fine as long as they are related to some point you are making in your post, and not just an ad or a way of drawing people to another site. Peoples is mostly reasonable here and I'm sure you would get a fairly gentle warning before the MBc staff was forced to come to your home, kill your family, kick your dog, and stole yer bible.

I'm a cat loving atheist who doesn't get along with his family, so I post links all the time.

-Sam

3. HA...That's a good one Sam! ;-)

Andrew

4. smapadatha

smapadatha Guest

But just in case ah'm talkin' outta my *** again you might wanna have a quick look around th' ranch and see if that bible turns up.

-Sam

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i understand...it's difficult enuff for us to maintain a "watchlist" much less expect you all to be up to speed with our behind-the-scenes struggles recently...but there's a huge difference between a mistake and a deliberate invasion, and you should relax a bit, i'm tense enuff for us all right now.

shoot, edit, delete, edit, delete...i don't know what kind of situation we have here...why don't you tell us more about what or who?

ps-there is only one seller we don't mention...and for the moment there's one forum that enjoys the same status.

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Understood,thanks.

BTW..."MBc staff was forced to come to your home, kill your family, kick your dog, and stole yer bible."......that's kewl,just as long as i didn't get a threatening note. :smile:

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I think my question has been answered Augi....as long as links are relevant and not blatantly steering people towards particular websites time and time again.

BTW...Understood about the seller and clone forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

"relevant"...that's us to a t! :)

9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

thanks

Thanks Augi for the explanation. Noticed something going on too, and was kind of confused. Remember seeing the post, and even clicked on the link out of curiousity, but not being concerned with politics, I kind of spaced it out. As things heated up, I even considered asking, but figured things will shake out. Don't want to meddle in things that I don't know all the facts on. Anyways, appreciate the info, now I can get back to fixing my ride. :grin:

Denny