Trek 4500/ GP460/ 8 speed SHIFTER

Sleek Spandex's the way to go,but leather&gloves would be safer.These tuned GP 460's must be good for 6 hp or so at 13k.I wonder what speed would be attainable with low-drag fairing.The right place to find out would be at Bonneville.

i'm with you on those points entirely.

this is a proof of concept build as it is.

my real interest is in one of the Rans bikes with full fairing and textile "bodysock"

steve

Sleek Spandex's the way to go,but leather&gloves would be safer.These tuned GP 460's must be good for 6 hp or so at 13k.I wonder what speed would be attainable with low-drag fairing.The right place to find out would be at Bonneville.

Have you ever slept on the tank.
You lay flat on your stomach, with your head turned sideways .
Hope for no traffic.

Only for the young.

it's an honor that you have the confidence to consider doing this before i have an extended viability report posted.
Not really gonna make an exact copy.
Gonna try to use a leaf blower engine I got for free. So my power level will be much lower.
I have a cheapie mongoose xr-75 that I hope to make the engine mount fit on.

My rear derailer is prolly the cheapest out there so I might upgrade that.
Had the Nuvinci ever crossed your mind?

My brakes are prolly bottom of the barrel too.

I just was liking this setup better than a rear rack mount....and I liked the fact that it is shiftable.

Keep up the good testing :D

Last edited:
there's another new build maturing in the shadows that is going to cause a real revolution of price, simplicity, practicality and law compliancy.

brace for impact!!

steve

there's another new build maturing in the shadows that is going to cause a real revolution of price, simplicity, practicality and law compliancy. :unsure:

brace for impact!!

steve

MODERATORS, sorry for the double post, please remove one, thanks

Last edited:
NuVinci is a bit on the heavy side and pricey,at least it was a year ago,has great range, 0.5 to1.75, output with respect to input, overall 3.5.Need to throttle back some, for easy "shifting".
The prone, chest-on-the tank stance was popular with early speed freaks, 100 yrs ago, their mounts had dinky downward pointing handle bars, and humongous engines, 500 cc +.But I think they had sense enough to look ahead.But come to think of it,Lindbergh could not look ahead either in his Spirit of St Louis.There was a big gas tank ahead.How he managed to land safely at night in Paris, seems a near miracle.

NuVinci is a bit on the heavy side and pricey,at least it was a year ago,has great range, 0.5 to1.75, output with respect to input, overall 3.5.Need to throttle back some, for easy "shifting".
The prone, chest-on-the tank stance was popular with early speed freaks, 100 yrs ago, their mounts had dinky downward pointing handle bars, and humongous engines, 500 cc +.But I think they had sense enough to look ahead.But come to think of it,Lindbergh could not look ahead either in his Spirit of St Louis.There was a big gas tank ahead.How he managed to land safely at night in Paris, seems a near miracle.

I am reminded of the cartoon ol poop riding his Indian,
More like a a Kawasaki 750 triple with chambers. LOL

Detonator,
How do you not smack your legs into the engine?
I was looking at my bike tonight and even if I did get my engine to fit.....I dont see how my legs wont hit the engine.
Im 6'2" and this bike is kinda small......I might be looking for a different bike.

yeah, i'm 5/4 NO problem. the engine has to go as high and forward as posible i fyou are going to keep the pedals. if you go footpegs it doesn't matter.

if you have money go to the local bike shop and check out the Trek Navigator probably in 21" frame at your size.

otherwise get apot of coffe and a list of bike makers and start opening pages online.

good luck,
steve

the navigator has a sloping top bar , with high handlebars , so you ride sitting up , i call them comfort bikes , if you look at the trek 2600 it has a bigger taller frame where the top bar goes straight back allowing you to place the bracket further forward /making room for your leg to come around . , the bracket from bottom mount hole to top mount hole is 13 1/2 inches , here is a pic of the 2600 this bike would be good for someone 6 foot . like you Steve I'm 5'5'' so the navigator is good for me . you can drill your own top mount holes on the bracket and loose the forward adjustment option . no biggy . but then you can mount the motor way forward. http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/?action=view&current=a010.jpg

Back