Trek 4500/ GP460/ 8 speed SHIFTER

surprisingly the vibration is very minimal , i'm only answering for Steve because he hasn't had a chance to ride it yet , just tell me to but out if need be.

Jerry, you have by far the MOST experience with the setup YOU supply, i'd say you should feel free to comment AT WILL in this thread, as i would expect both the SBP guys and Andyinchville to as they see fit.

just as a point of interest for others, i have developed my use of Jerry's mount plate to make frame drilling un-needed. i'm using a "U" bolt with pressure spredding shims at the top and a bracket at the bottom that uses the prexistant water bottle lugs on the bottom. no frame integrety issues.

in support of Jerry's comment about vibration, my setup is completely hooked up with both chains and when i peddle there is VERY little added drag or vibes from the tranny turning.

steve

well then i will say it with a bit more conviction . very smooth ride , in earlyer designs i used what i called a figure 4 design , and a portion of it mounted under the seat , on the down tube , now that was vibration , this mount is extra smooth , no numb hands at all . just line your chain up properly , the drive sprocket is aluminum with some fancy stuff in it to make it stronger buts its still soft , the nice thing is that it is quiet , i should be getting my threaded cranks in the mail tomorow , from sick bike parts , then ive got a trek im going to start on myself , another navigator . really like those frames , they seam to have a long body , great for pedal option .

i'll post a better pic of it mounted on the crank and BB on the bike.

but, more directly. while i was working out my build plan Andrew from Kings Sales and Service posted a notice of his making custom large and small sprockets for the SBP shift kits.

having already seen his left drive and disk mount sprockets i was sure they would be first rate.

i had a stock 42-32-22 chain ring on my Trek and when i first stated to work out gear ratios i realized i was going to need to stay at 22t to work out best with the 11T tranny gear.

i have the greatest regard for people who can mate up parts from here and there and make them servicable, i don't happen to be one of them sooo........

i payed a CRAFTSMAN to make me a bolt on sollution and i wasn't disapointed. it cost me about what i expected for a totally custom piece of speciallized equipment. read spendy.

i'll PM you the details.

steve

here's several pics of the Andyinchville sprocket mounted on the freewheel.

i honestly couldn't be happier with this piece.

steve

Attachments

• Trek Bike 001.jpg
    Trek Bike 001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Trek Bike 002.jpg
    Trek Bike 002.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Trek Bike 003.jpg
    Trek Bike 003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 321
there 5 bolts on this freewheel, sorry the pics weren't real clear.

there weren't enough of the shorter bolts at ACE so i had to take 1 longer, none of them rub. i had to go to the 73x 122 BB to get the clearence and alignment i needed though.

did you run into problems today ?

steve

she ran good

i was surprised at how well the freewheel i slapped together worked , the only problem was the outer chain ring is too close to the frame . i will adjust that , But i.m gonna run it harder tomorrow . gonna see what the smaller ring can handle , when i take it apart to adjust i will take some pics so you can see ... i used the 4 hole setup on the freewheel because i can get those for $7.50 through my scooter supply guy.

Back