Trek 4500/ GP460/ 8 speed SHIFTER

Small engine or lawn mower repair shop will probably have one that will work
for you
do you guys mow lawns in the winter?
Maybe get one off a snowblower :D I wouldn't know as i have never seen one...
It's over 70' right now as the sun is setting :cry:

Last edited:
throttle cables are a ....... the walbro uses a wire clamp end i think . its like a barrel with a crew through the side , auto parts store , the china diaphragm carbs use a tinny lead end goes in the hole i have a few 30inchers hook style end like that

throttle cables are a ....... the walbro uses a wire clamp end i think . its like a barrel with a crew through the side , auto parts store , the china diaphragm carbs use a tinny lead end goes in the hole i have a few 30inchers hook style end like that

jerry, my walbro has a small "barrel" shaped lug crimped on the end of the wire.

can you load a pic of the cable end you have ?

thanks
steve

Small engine or lawn mower repair shop will probably have one that will work
for you
do you guys mow lawns in the winter?
Maybe get one off a snowblower :D I wouldn't know as i have never seen one...
It's over 70' right now as the sun is setting :cry:

Forbisher that's just not right man !!

i have plenty of small engine and mower type shops around here, i'll check them out tomorrow.

thanks,
steve

throttle cables are a ....... the walbro uses a wire clamp end i think . its like a barrel with a crew through the side , auto parts store , the china diaphragm carbs use a tinny lead end goes in the hole i
There is no clamp end.
The walbro on the Honda gx 31 uses the same tiny lead cable end as the cable from Staton for the walbro on the Subaru Robin friction kit

Even the Chinese 2 stroke kits use the same style of end and one I just measured is 39 1/2" long
However it does have a loose 1 1/8" straight threaded metal fitting on the twist throttle side.
This could be ground off which would leave you with 3" of cable out of the sheath

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back