Trek 4500

jrschultz

Local time
2:03 AM
Hello everyone. I'll be building my first motor-bike this weekend. It's a 2004 Trek 4500 with a Stinger motor kit. I have a question for those who have built up a similar aluminum mountain bike. Does the stock front motor mount work, or do I have to use the supplied over-sized tubing mount. The supplied extra mount requires drilling the frame. I'm ok with that as long as it works. If I find out my front tubing is too large for the stock mount is there a better option? I saw a clamp on mount from a vendor on this forum for over-sized tubing. Maybe that would be better?

My bike's front tube is 2" tubing. The rear tube is 1 3/8" tubing. My rear tube should fit the motor's mount without modification I hope.
For the front I was thinking of ordering a mount from sickbikeparts.com, but the choices for the engine stud is 1.6 or 1.9 width. Does anyone know what the Stinger 80CC engine stud width is for mounting?

I'm not sure of the stud spacing, but we have seen many China girl motors mounted on Trek 4500s. Just buy one of the front over sized engine mounts from an engine vendor like sickbikeparts and your install will go well. Hurry and get it built so you can ride all summer.

I ordered an over sized mount from a local Wisconsin bike builder. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post websites, but here is the link:
http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com/
I also plan to swap all china made hardware with good quality stuff from my local Ace. My engine kit came in the mail today. My mount will be here tomorrow. I have off work through Wednesday, so I have plenty of time to tinker with this. I'll post pics in the projects section when I am done.

Back