Tribute to Rex and Solex

Im not sure what you mean by that... a tuned pipe/RC increases power by creating an inverse pressure wave that resonates with the rpm of the engine in such a way as to create a pressure lock at the exhaust port and stop blow-by of fuel mixture between ignition strokes...

Thank you Jemma I know how its work. I mean that engine will work on highter rpm than usually (everybody want to run fast :) ), and than more power engine gives to transmission, than more it overheating and dying faster.

I was talking about piped engine reliability.

Thank you Jemma I know how its work. I mean that engine will work on highter rpm than usually (everybody want to run fast :) ), and than more power engine gives to transmission, than more it overheating and dying faster.

I was talking about piped engine reliability.

I dont think it will make alot of difference to be honest... it hasnt with mine... and even after 20 or so miles the clutch on the motor is barely even warm to the touch...

The problem you would have had with the GEBE set up is likely to be broken spokes before anything else..

In the case of yours I dont think any thing would be stressed higher.

The thing I have noticed with mine is I tend to keep to the same speeds, but because the engine has more power at lower rpm.. I can run at lower rpms for the same given speeds... in that case it actually helps the motor last..

Its like... a car can do 70mph legally in the UK... but it will do 140mph... it doesnt mean you run the car at 140mph everywhere, or at 70mph for that matter...

I tend to keep to the prevailing traffic speeds... the only time I do an extended flat out is on two particular journeys... one that is over 20 miles all told and the other which I usually do in the dark and the faster I get home the safer and warmer I feel...

Jemma xx

Re the brakes thing... the ones I use are Clarks WRC which come in a set of four pads and holders (the pads themselves can be taken out of the holder and replaced as required)
Do you have a link for these? I can't seem to find them with Mr. Google. Only kevlar brake pads I could find were for those "other" motor vehicles.

Sorry, just checked.. its Clarks VRC model number on the box is CVBP1

You get 4 brake shoes and pads... and the pads are remove and replace type..

hope that helps google.. :)

Jemma xx

how do you mount that sprocket on the wheel hub?

Look at the photoes.

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 372
-18C run well :)

Attachments

• album_pic_w1.jpg
    album_pic_w1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 311
  • album_pic_w2.jpg
    album_pic_w2.jpg