Tricky Choke

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by DoktorD1313, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DoktorD1313

DoktorD1313 New Member

I was wondering if you guys had a solution to this problem, or had experienced it yourself...

My choke vibrates to the on position in the middle of riding? It never really used to happen, but lately I cant really go more than 100 yards or so and I have to reach down and push it back off to keep up power and ultimately to keep the engine on.

Any ideas to tighten that up or anything? It didnt seem like there really was a way to tighten it from the outside.

Ideas? This is quite annoying, I like being able to go fast :icon_cry:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

a small spring will keep the lever in place
    someone did that fix here a while ago

3. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Have you tried tightening up the nut? It is just controlled by friction. If tightening up the nut doesn't help you may need to add a washer to increase the friction so it won't close on its own.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I also saw that thread Bill

I just don't know where it was ??

I think that I may have mentioned a little someTHING in other thread
    so as to hold in place

but -- as Ghost has pointed out -- also stated in other thread
    there should be a place to tighten
    thought that it was inside of carb ?

see what happens here
    maybe I should stick to THINGS that I know for sure
    such as how much fun it is to
    ride that MB THING

5. DoktorD1313

DoktorD1313 New Member

hmmm I'll probably haveta try the spring method...

If theres a nut to tighten it's gotta be on the inside because there's nothing to tighten from the outside. I should probably check that out too with or without the spring fix... If its getting progressively looser and there IS indeed a nut, it's going to come off at some point.

6. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Just pop off the air filter and the nut will reveal itself.

7. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

that's what she said....
    ......sorry

8. kcpoloman

kcpoloman Member

Same thing has been happening to me to lately. Just started about week ago after 3 months of riding.

9. seanhan

seanhan Member

sounds like a bunch of loose nuts

10. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

I also had this problem. I guess it's a combination of the aluminum wearing away along with vibrations. All I know for sure is that if I had not had a look , I think my nut may have gone for a ride in my cylinder. I used lock tight because although they try to mushroom the head of the bolt, it was a very poor attempt!
    I don't think that would have gone over too well......I think of all the nuts we may lose, that one may be one to watch.

11. kcpoloman

kcpoloman Member

So I popped off the air filter, used an 8mm socket and tighted the bolt right up. No more vibration causing the choke to rise.