Trike Questions

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by LabRat63, Feb 29, 2008.

1. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

I read here somewhere that the Schwinn Meridian trike is a good choice to use with the GEBE setup. It looks like it will be a lot more comfortable for commuting and MUCH better for shopping. I need to know how to go about mounting the motor since the GEBE brscket will not work. Can the GEBE bracket be modified or will I need something totally different? Also, what kind of expense am I looking at here?

The GEBE 32cc Tanaka is absolutely fantastic! Using more gas than I expected though, but that might improve as it breaks in. I'll have a closer idea after I run out the 2 gallons I have, but it looks like I'm getting maybe 100-120 MPG. I hit 32.2 MPH on the level today and a steady cruise speed of 29-30 MPH. With my cold weather gear and backpack for work, I weigh in at 255-260 Lbs., so I am quite pleased with the performance so far.

I have had one (possibly expensive) disaster already. Dismounting from the bike, my heel hit the air filter housing and busted it all to ****. Epoxy did not work for repairs and GEBE is special ordering a new one for me.

2. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

Come on, surely someone here has some idea how to do it.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

4. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

Well, I was really hoping to mount the motor on the rear, but if the front it has to be, then the front it will be.

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

6. LabRat63

LabRat63 New Member

Front mount it is then. Or a home brew mounting bracket. I do not have the budget to buy one of those trike kits...or one of the trikes they fit. With the student loan payments and other expenses I have to cover, it would take years for me to pay off the reinstatement fees to get my license back. And even if that was done, I doubt I could handle the monthly expenses of driving a car right now anyway. Thats why I needed alternative transportation. The GEBE kit pushed my budget, but it looks to be one of the most reliable ones out there. I'm thinking I can maybe rig up a bracket that bolts on the axle with U-bolts. Does that sound practical?