Trip To Estes Park, CO!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vistaman73, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Vistaman73

Vistaman73 Member

This Sunday, my family will be driving to Estes Park, CO for our vacation. I am very excited. We did the same thing last year and I almost cried when we left. :icon_cry: It is SO beautiful there. It is really an eye opening experience. The air is fresh and the towns are friendly. It is cool and breeezy and my personal paradise. Saturday we are packing up, leaving Sunday, somewhere in between we will stop for the night and we will make it to Estes Park by Monday night. I will have internet access in the hotel and the cabin so I will be making several updates when I can. If you guys live near where we are going or are on the way there (From Shawnee, KS to Estes Park, CO + some stops in between), please PM me and maybe we can drop by. If you have any questions/comments or have any reccomendations please feel free to post here. I know I am leaving something out so I will be posting tomorrow too. Thank You!

-Vistaman73-

P.S. I will post a general route to better help people who think they are on the way and would like a visit from the famous Vista!

P.S.S. If I can get ahold of a good enough camera I will take pics and either post them daily or when I get back.

2. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

The famous Vista??? Just kidding. Have a good time.
    Jay

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Welcome to Colorado. You now know why I will never live in any other part of the world. I run each morning ona mountain with my dogs. There are many parks and trails to hike and bike. Best of all, it doesn't cost anything to have fun outside.

Enjoy your stay.

4. Vistaman73

Vistaman73 Member

Thanks! I can't wait. BTW, the house is going to be occupied so don't even try to break in (thats for the bad guys out there.) We got our rental, its an '09 Chevy Traverse, its nice and roomy. Still deciding on the pictures, skyliner, where are you in CO?

Thanks,
    Vistaman73

5. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

oh well, there goes my easy money for next week :(

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I live in Colorado Springs. Its a great city with the mountains just a few minutes away. I hiked Pikes Peak last weekend and will probably do a long MB ride on the front range and hit some ATV trails on Rampart Range road.

7. Vistaman73

Vistaman73 Member

Well, we made it to Colby, KS today and got a hotel for the night. Tomorrow we are heading out and will make to our cabin by early evening. We ate at the Colonial Steak House, if I am remembering it right. It was across the street from the Prairie Dog Town, we didn't go to the latter, but it looked sweet. The food was good and plentiful. If you ever get a chance to drive across KS, don't. It is boring and never changes. You have to go through **** before you get to heaven. Kansas before Colorado. LOL. I can't wait to get there, it's gonna be so relaxing. That's all for now. More to come!

8. Vistaman73

Vistaman73 Member

Well, I have been so busy, I couldn't make an update. Oops! It's beautiful here, the weather is cool and breezy. We are in the "Far Away Cabin" Which is literally on the side of a mountain. We have been goin to some fun places and enjoying the hundereds of Chimpmunks out front the cabin. BTW, I noticed a house with a MB out front, I went by and talked to the guys son, he didnt know much, he just said they have an E-Bike for sale, also the house and a '57 Chevy out front are for sale. I didn't talk to the owner of the bike, I wish I would have, anyways, I finally saw a MB in real life that wasn't mine. LOL I might go back if we have time, but I doubt it. More To Come!!!

Thanks,
    Vistaman73