Trouble with China Girl

Elmstreetmotorized

Local time
9:04 PM
I have 2 "80" cc china motors. I pulled them off last weekend so that I could paint my bikes. When I put my wives back together it started right up like normal, however after about 10 min of riding or so it died. It wouldnt start so I pulled the carb off and cleaned it. Now it will start but will not idle without really putting the idle screw way in. It never did this before. I checked and couldnt find any air leaks. any ideas?

could any paint chips have got into the gas tank while you were painting? check the fuel filter(if you have one) and also check the carb bowl. thats all i can think of. i dont see how having the idle screw turned in would really be a problem as long as it still idles and has no ill efects, oh also i had the same problem and it turned out to be that when i took the carb slide out i forgot to put the little washer that goes above the slide and below the spring. the needle was sliding up into the slide. good luck!

Well, it sounds like a fuel flow problem. Fuel line blockage, maybe?

Sorry I can't come up with anything better at the moment. But maybe something will come to mind with some time to mull it over.

And others will come along with other ideas.

Good luck.

Spray a little wd-40 around the intake tube and listen for any rpm change for leaks and try taking off the tank cap to make sure it's venting. Also I replaced my tank petcock with one from SBP. It was $10 but it's a very good quailty ball valve. If you have a inline fuel filter at least remove the tank screen from the stock petcock. Oh while you had the carb apart did you check the jet for a blockage? It's a small jet and takes only a very tiny piece of junk to block it up. Re-check the wires to the cdi make sure they are getting good contact. Disconnect the white wire and try it. The kill switch maybe failing.

Back