True 80cc 2 stroke ??????

Marhsall

Local time
9:58 AM
Aren't there real, legit, 80cc 2 stroke Honda motors on some of those dirt bikes out there. If so why couldn't the tranny be removed for less weight and used with one of these kits. Or am I just looking at it entirely wrong.

Aren't there real, legit, 80cc 2 stroke Honda motors on some of those dirt bikes out there. If so why couldn't the tranny be removed for less weight and used with one of these kits. Or am I just looking at it entirely wrong.
Why take off tranny? I would love to have a bike with gears!

I haven't done research on the topic but I know they are pretty big engines to fit in a bicycle frame.... They aren't as universal fit as the HT engines so that takes the best part out of the equation:p

Well I was just thinking there seems to be a lot of 2 strokers out there that would love to have a true 80cc. I was just trying to think of a way to get that extra 14cc's without adding tons of weight.

there's one guy out of miami who bores and sleeves the stock cylinders from 47 to 50mm. with a 40mm stroke motor that'll get you 78.5cc. they can in theory go all the way out to 52mm which is good for 85cc but I think you get issues with wall flex and transfer port volume at that point

Last edited:
I think I just watched a video that guy has on youtube. Silver Genesis with Jackshaft. Bike is crazy fast.

Back