Tuned pipe...One step closer to production!

If you are concerned about running lean, you can drill out the needle valve or replace it with a larger one.

HI All,

Thanks for the kind words on the pipe....It's taking me quite a bit of time to get to this point for something as seemingly as simple as a tuned pipe so I really have to give my admiration to Dax for getting a whole engine kit together...WOW....That had to be a lot of work so thanks for your patience on this seemingly easy pipe!

As far as final pricing I have not gotten all that figured out yet....still looking for a place that can hopefully offer some degree of mass production....I don't really have a feel for how well this will sell (I wish I could count on the 800 units mentioned above HA ;-)....)
so ultimately they may have to be done as one offs....I guess like the sprockets...although the sprockets are quite a bit more automated....this would probably involve quite a bit more hand work though.

The other option I have toyed with is making them available as kits with only minor final fit welding required (the expansion chamber and critical pipe lengths would all be pre- made of course...any muffler shop could do it since the metal is fairly heavy gauge)...the important parts (header length, chamber etc...) already have been optimized (of course I use optimized a little more loosely because the pipe design had to consider that this pipe may be used on any number of different frame sizes and configurations with most likely a few different engines)...what is important though is that the pipe works very well for the Dax 70 (I built it for that since that is what I am running on my bikes).

As far as the Gebe engine fit....I do not thing that this pipe would optimize performance for that engine (it may help some if the stock exhaust is severely restricted BUT as far as packing the cylinder with extra air / fuel as a properly tuned system would a separate pipe would probable have to be made for that purpose) since a lot of different factors apply to making the pipe (engine size / displacement, port timing etc...). This pipe will help the Dax 70 and something very similar in terms of engine displacement and port timing , RPM range etc....

As far as sound, I will try to make a You Tube video soon....I think it sounds lower pitched, about the same sound level.....As far as coming on the pipe....it does have that sound Large mentioned.....Not as extreme as a peaky dirt bike engine since the pipe was
tuned for smooth mid range but there is a definite step where it comes alive...

I'll try to work on the video soon when my girlfriend is off later this week if the weather is nice.

Thanks for looking!

Andrew

Man that is so tempting.
So tempting.
I hope you can make it affordable.
That frame you got that pipe on is almost identical dimension wise to my bike.

I like seeing the person by video. Nice job,Andy!
Maybe in the future,but right now I need Moop on the bike trails!

Awesome video Andy! I really enjoyed watching it. Looks like that tuned bike hauls extremely well up that hill even when it's cold with that tiny sprocket. I'm very impressed. Nice work!

nice video man. As soon as there available i'm in, seriously, really excited. Any estimate on costs? Personally it's the kind of upgrade i'd probably be wiling to buy for up to $150 including shipping. I wouldn't spend more on it then i did on the engine kit itself, i don't think. But if they're being done as one offs, perhaps that is too low?

keep us posted!

I like it.... Nice Job very good craftsmanship and it seems to perform very well

But Dude,,, your going to get pulled over... even so I hope you sell a million of them

Back