turbo on a whizzer?

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by hill climber, Dec 24, 2008.

1. hill climber

hill climber Member

Hi guys,
    not a whizzer guy but while at the local bicycle shop the other day with my mb's the guy that works there told me that right across the street was a whizzer shop. he said that he manufactures turbo or maybe super charger kits for the whizzer, said it does 70mph. have you guys heard of him? mb's that go 70? really? i'm in paso robles, california. do you guys know of him?
    have a mery christmas or great holiday, what ever. just be happy.

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I've never heard of him, but we do have a member on this board who has taken a naturally aspirated Whizzer to 68mph. That's not to say it wasn't modified, but it was naturally aspirated.
  3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

is it PBS Engineering?
  4. hill climber

hill climber Member

i didnt get a chance to get over there that day but as soon as i get by i will let you know who it is and what exactaly he has got. merry christmas to all.
  5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

They do a lot of crazy stuff at PBS. They made an incredible OHV set up for the Whizzer that goes like gangbusters. Be cool if they made torbos for 'em... Yeah let me know if it's PBs; just to satisfy my curiosity!
  6. sk8erpunk

sk8erpunk Member

There are Nitrous kits on e-bay for the whizzer that scare the **** out of me.
  7. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Nope. It's Quenton who has gotten his Whizzer up to 68mph (if I remember correctly) on a naturally arspirated engine. Quenton, would you want to confirm?
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  8. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Unofficially well over 70 MPH. Many times at 68 MPH on several different Dynos.
    40.3 MPH in 150 feet @ 8820 RPMs [dirt drags]. I have even faster motors, but have never tested them. Wanna race?
    Flat head, carburetored, automatic clutch, belt drive, normal fuel [no racing gas]............

Merry Christmas,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  9. mabman

mabman Member

A 138cc engine should be well capable of that type of speed with the right gear ratio on a dyno especially if it has been gone through. However I would not recommend riding one of those old style cantilever frames loaded up like that on the highway at that speed. Not that there are those that haven't and will again.

But somebody gets a 35cc Robin testing like that and you'll have something to talk about.
  10. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi mabman,

One thing to have the power, and another to use it. I raced dirt tracks in the mid west for about 15 years, but didn't ride my street bike anywhere near similar speeds. I have owned many Corvettes in my life [and a bunch of muscle cars]and although many would easily exceed 120 MPH, I don't remember testing for top end. But when it comes to a 138 CC flathead it sure is nice to pull up a hill, ride against the wind, and pick any spot in the pac when riding with other motorbikers. Therefore having the abundance of power is nice when needed.
    I don't know much about a Robin 35 CC , but I know the current 49 CC 4 stroke I am testing doesn't appear to need any help in the power department [can't believe I said that], in fact I have been trying to calm it down a little.

Merry Christmas,
  11. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

I'll race ya Quenton, but can I borrow your little red Whizzer for the race?
  12. JE

JE Guest

LOL.....Can't wait to ride that one at the rally.
  13. my little 33.5 cc Robin with the staton.inc chain drive on a road bike is pretty zippy for around town. Plenty of power. Have to pedal only on the really big really steep hills.