Turbo Whizzer?

jbcruisin

Local time
1:23 PM
Wanna race? Here's one for ya. Got this recently from Quenton. He said it's from a friend of his. I'm laid off from work since then, saw it & thought "I should post this". Hope I get to ride the finished product.

Attachments

• Scan0001%20(2).jpg
    Scan0001%20(2).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 777
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Big issue is that turbos need to be fed oil for both lube and cooling.
Fuel mix does not like to go upward- likes to separate and will tend to lay in the compressor housing in liquid form. Then when the throttle is hit the motor just about dies from the big slug of fuel going thru.
Oh, and that turbo needs a carbon ring seal on the compressor or it will blow smoke like a 2smoker.
Other than that, looks interesting.

Hi jbcruisin,

The Texas inovator graced us with pictures and a small article about his latest adventures with motorbike motors inside the latest edition of the Whizzer Newsletter. Thrilled to consider him a friend, always look forward to the few times each year we cross paths and need to mention he also built the Twin engine Whizzer [still unnamed] sitting in my workshop. As many already know I agreed to ride it at Bonneville in the future.
Gotta wonder what the Twin Whizzer could do if Turbo charged!

I just go crazy over the past Whizzer motors he designed & built. One of my favorites was the "Veezzer" [might be spelled wrong], a V-twin Whizzer motor. And of course the Twin Powered Bonneville Special [Thanks to Ron Dow & Terry McAllister] in my possesion certainly is at the top of my list.

BTW this month's issue of the Whizzer Newsletter has pictures of the Twin Whizzer powered ride that Ron built.

I suggest everyone subscribe to the Whizzer newsletter, cause a lot of great information each and every month.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Back