Two-stroke oil premix ratios: Is less more? Is more less? Is more more? Is less less?

I didnt do any of this... I ran a really lean mixture of about 14:1 for the first gallon. Varied the throttle for that gallon, and then ran the **** out of it. I beat it up pretty good on a daily basis, and it is 105 degrees here. I kinda wanna to see how much these engines can handle and just how much you can beat them up. I run the regular echo 2-stroke oil from home depot at about 25:1... nothing special.

No problems yet... I will let you guys know just how much I get out of this thing before it fails. I cant imagine one of these engines being subjected to a harsher environment than I am subjecting it to, except maybe racing in the desert.

I am quite surprised at how stout these little engines are.

Hey thanks for that link. They GOUGE on shipping though.

$2.40 cent part, I was going to order it.
Came to check out, NINE DOLLARS to ship one flat light little gasket?????
So I sent an email asking about this. (Some sites automatically post shipping but it's wrong and will correct it.)

Well.... I get this rather snippy letter back telling me how padded envelopes cost 1.50, that it takes time to put cardboard around this piece, how standing in line at the PO is more time.... blah blah!!!!

I sell too! All the time. Padded envelopes can be had for .50 cents each if you look. And small boxes (better, no need for the extra cardboard) can be found at Uline.com for TWENTY CENTS EACH!!!!
I ship clay which is heavier and easier to ruin than a gasket, materials AND postage is rarely over 3.00. I'd pay that. Not 9.00! But gees. The sob story about cost... what BS!

I'll find a gasket somewhere else. Surely this isn't the only place.

HOW do people stay in business doing that??? I could have been a repeat customer who refers people too. Not now boy! NO way.

We just added our exhaust gasket to our site today. $2.49. Shipping should come up as $2.00

artmaker.... you (or anybody) can buy high temp gasket material at any auto parts store. (Napa etc.)
make your own gasket.... scissors/utility/exacto knife & a paper punch.
cost= pennies

Hey Pablo THANKS!!!! Already bought and paid for.

That guy at Dax is nuts! Really nuts. look. Copy from his email to me.

And if you do not like what is charged. Then.. You do not have to buy from us. You can buy from our competetors. They charge 20 bucks or more.

Lol.... 20 bucks? Yea right.

I've read about making your own, but for now I'd rather get one ready to go. Maybe after I've actually taken apart a few things I'll try that. But I don't mind buying a pre cut part for a few bucks.

Thanks everyone.

SBP is wonderful about their prices and respond very courteously to emails

I got a head stud kit, other engine hardware kit, exhaust gasket, and plug shipped for $8

totaled at $30

try there for parts!

Yes I agree. They were very nice. As my motor ages I'm SURE I'll be ordering parts there again.

BTW.... got those tires and they are FANTASTIC!!! I've already put more than 100 miles on them. NO problems at all.

This is for rmw dave, what is a ring seater and what is the 41 mark your talking about?

Back