U.S. signs anti gun law

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robin bird, Feb 2, 2010.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban
    "United Nations "Small Arms Treaty" Update
    National Gun Rights Blog
    Posted February 2, 2010
    READ ALSO: Sec. Hillary Clinton - U.S. Support for the Arms Trade Treaty (Oct. 09)
    The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.
    The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.
    Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.
    The stakes couldn't be higher.
    Former United Nation's ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN "is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there's no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control."
    Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.
    The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty...
    . . .and that's where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton steps in.
    Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States. As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.
    That's why it's vital you sign the special petition I've made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN's "Small Arms Treaty."
    So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.
    But looking at previous versions of the UN "Small Arms Treaty," you and I can get a good idea of what's likely in the works.
    Don't let any of the "experts" lull you to sleep by saying "Oh, we have it handled" or "Until you know exactly what's in the treaty you can't fight against it."
    Judging by Ambassador Bolton's comments - who certainly knows what to expect from the American-freedom-hating international crowd that infests the U.N. - we are certain the treaty's going to address the private ownership of firearms.
    If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate (which is where we must ultimately make our stand), the UN "Small Arms Treaty" would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:
    *** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
    *** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL "unauthorized" civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
    *** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
    *** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION. So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it's too late!
    You see, this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

what exactly do you think an un-armed UN is going to do against the will of an armed US civilian population??? Go city-to-city door-to-door seizing peoples guns??? I dont think that would work much past the first couple of houses... and they might hit a serious hurdle somewhere around Florida or Texas.

Past the knee jerk reaction... I dont think there is much validity here. Even Hilary knows she doesn't have that kind of support right now... especially with what is right around the corner. If she passed something like this and started demanding peoples semi-automatic weapons she would most certainly go the route of van jones and anita dunn... and she knows it.
  3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Ms. Clinton has zero authority to "pass" anything at all, save gas.

She is an appointed official of the executive department of government, and while she may support and propose anything that pleases her and doesn't **** off her boss, President Obama, badly enough to fire her, no such treaty agreement has force or effect in the absence of Senate ratification and Presidential signature. Senate ratification requires a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate in support of the treaty before it is forwarded to the President for signature.

It's like the Kyoto protocols - Al Gore could and did sign them, as a sitting VP and ambassadorial level representative of the US, but Bill Clinton never submitted the treaty to the Senate for ratification, for the very simple reason that he knew there was zero chance of passage.
  4. kerf

kerf Guest

Major problem with the plan, it's called the Constitution and the Second Amendment. If "We The People" allow this totalitarian plan to go forward, then we will deserve the he!! we get.
  5. SimpleSimon

Well, kerf, that's the rub.

A Senate ratified treaty signed by the sitting president supercedes any existing law or Constitutional provision. This is an obvious attempt to slip disarnament of the people in by the side door.
  6. kerf

kerf Guest

Lets look at the scale of rubbing the American gun owner the wrong way. Estimates indicate 200,000,000 firearms in the hands of 42,000,000 households. Gonna take a dam big army to deal with that, the world won't believe what they see. Remember, we're organizing, just another reason to have a big November.
  7. SimpleSimon

Which is something I heartily support and agree with. I own no firearms, simply because I am no longer physically competent to handle a pistol of any significant stopping power, and my eyesight has deteriorated enough that a rifle would not be useful to me. In years past I could drive nails with my mauser at 250 yards, but no more. So I gave it to a young man whom I trusted to use it properly.

I have never in my life owned a registered weapon, nor would I willingly do so. When credit cards became the dominant form of payment for purchases, I continued the practice my father drilled into me - pay cash for weapons and ammo, never sign any form regarding either. I used to reload my own ammo, including my 12 gauge shotgun shells - my Dad acquired 5,000 empty brass 12 gauge casings in 1977, and was willing to share. He taught me how to reload them, and how to make various custom loads, including grenade launcher loads, using them.

The question is, will the military stand down? I doubt it.
  8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I got mine, and they'll have to pry them away from my cold dead hands. Actually intend on buying more, as they won't lose value. Time at the range is very enjoyable, meet the nicest folks there. Not one libtard in sight!!!
  9. give me vtec

I dont know if anybody else caught it but, I think we just got a glimpse into the mind of your father... and a subsequent piece to the puzzle that is SS. Did you grow up on some kind of a compound??? Was your father some kind of ex-red revolutionary or something???

Why would you refrain from buying registered guns and ammunition with Credit cards??? Although I have payed cash for most of my guns, I dont sweat the ones that I didnt... I understand your philosophy, I just find it a bit extreme and paranoid. You can after all have two piles of guns, the ones everybody knows about and the ones that not everybody knows about.

If the situation does come up that all of our guns are going to be confiscated... what do you plan on doing with the ones that aren't registered?? Historically speaking, very heavy penalties have been placed on those that break firearm prohibitions... are you willing to suffer those consequences?? Your un-registered guns and ammo become a liability the same as a hidden registered gun would. The only difference is that you might get to keep it a little longer, albeit under utter obsolescence... you cant after all hunt or protect yourself because you would lose the gun and more anyways.

I say let the government know we have our guns... all of mine are completely legal as of the time I bought and registered them so I dont have anything to hide. They can come get them out of my cold dead fingers... I imagine it would be the same for most all the rest of the gun owners out there as well.
  10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

they came looking for a gun once
    I told them it had been sold away years before
    sold to who I had no clue
    he walked away disapointed
    only a fool would give it to them willingly......................................................

that's the way it goes sometimes as we shoot those THINGS
  11. SimpleSimon

Your retention skills are sorely lacking, vtec.

I said, "I own no firearms...".

Every single firearm I ever owned was perfectly legal to possess, and I possessed them in places where there was no requirement to register them. None at all. As for purchasing weapons and ammunition with a credit card, it leaves a paper trail which is completely traceable. Since in my view it is none of governments business what weapons I own, so long as those weapons are legal, it is incumbent upon them to develop an evidentiary trail supporting any claim that I do so own. Cash is a lot harder too follow. When the government knows you own weapons, if they come to confiscate the registered weapons do you think they will not take ALL of them? If their records contain mo mention of you owning weapons, they have no reason to knock on (or kick in) your door in the first place.

No, I didn't grow up in a "compound", unless a family farm with seven family members and a widely varying number of friends and relatives resident at any given time so qualifies. My father was an explosives and firearms expert, fully licensed as such by the BATF, and taught classes in IED implementation and use for a while, to police officers so they would know what to look for. Only back them they just called it bomb disposal. I grew up with weapons and explosives as part of the ordinary, everyday background of my life. Dad was adamant that, although by the time he came to so seriously distrust government he was himself thoroughly documented, he wanted none of his kids so documented.

When the Dept. of Homeland Security sends out a memo and a list of over 40,000 named persons to law enforcement officials nationwide as being "potential domestic terrorists" based solely upon their documented history of familiarity with firearms and explosives (mostly by military training), I'd say that a little paranoia directed at government is well placed. Dad saw this coming a long time ago.

I have openly stated that my Dad was a bit crazy in some ways, but then, so is everyone. Just in varying ways. For example, scattered all over the mountains east of Bakersfield, California, are some very oddly sculpted rocks. Mostly very large boulders with incised patterns and shapes, although there is one I know of that was about the size of a two story cottage with a sculpted in set of steps that curl around and up to the top, which is leveled off, and has a protruding squared off "altar" on the eastern edge which has a notch in it that catches the first rays of the rising sun on the winter solstice. Dad liked playing with explosives, what can I say? In the late 1940's and early 1950's no one paid attention to the occasional explosive boom in those mountains.
  12. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

I do miss those oxy-acetylene explosive canisters going off behind the welding shop every once in a while..kept getting bigger and bigger though..to many windows being destroyed in neighborhood.
  13. give me vtec

what do you know about east Bakersfield CA???
  14. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Isn't that where those Mexicans blew up the high school chemistry shop with the tacos they mistakenly rolled in some old Semtex
  15. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

"from my cold dead hands" sums it up pretty good!
  16. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Simon, my old Dad said over 50 years ago that some day we {US and Canada} would envy the Russians the freedom they have.

17. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

If it gets any colder in Florida I am going to need one of those nice long fur coats from Russia...Al Gore wont even answer my e-mail..didn't order any of my framed Polar Pictures either..
  18. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Tedd, just talked to him. He's going to trade you a genuine Newfoundland Seal skin coat
    for the Polar prints since the Arctic isn't going to be there in 5 years.

I'm looking at Craigs list for a house boat in Fla. so I can ride the wave when it comes.

19. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Steve..Mexican family has vacated the shed in the back yard..couldn't sell enough tacos to pay the rent...some 2 by 4s, some more plywood and some large truck tires and tubes ,should turn it into a nice houseboat..come on down..
  20. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Tedd, I printed that out just incase you forget when I show up.